Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Comments

• chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Butti, sorry the painting didn't get going. I am sure you will get stuck into it soon.

good luck on your first day.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks everyone.

Will be painting garage door this weekend so divent worry Mr Z.

First day went okay. Bit overloaded with Elf and Safety and think they are going to tag me when I am going on site alone!

The number of managers who said to me 'We haven't done this sort of project before, its not really one of our areas'. Should be interesting.

Anyway I need to walk a bit and there is a pub about a mile along the towpath so I'll be seeing you!:beer:

B x
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • oooh a diary to kick butt on! yay! ahem, see ya around!! :rotfl:
    Current debt at 30/07/2012 19.479!! 06082012 19119 :T
    100 days to pay a debt challenge £30/£650 :D:T:D
  • Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Gotcha ! Off to read back ! :) xx
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
  • Ellidee
    Ellidee Posts: 6,216
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Subscribed :)
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
  • Butti
    Forumite
    edited 5 August 2012 at 9:14AM
    I just want you all to know the garage door is painted and I am now watching it dry. :rotfl:Yes, you think I lead an exciting life!

The primer is on and today we shall paint it white. Wow!

As for the budget...well I need to go and print off an SOA and fill it in. BUT I need three or four I think because my circumstances are likely to be;
    1. On narrowboat with no rent travelling 38 miles each way to work (this month)
    2. Living in a shared house hopefully less than 10 miles from work but with a HUGE whacking deposit to pay and potentially only a lodger to keep the wolf from the door on my house (next month).
    3. Still living in shared house with NO LODGER to keep the wolf from the door (Oct/Nov).:(
    4. Living in shared house with lower rental costs than the rental income coming from my let house :D (Dec). I'll even leave the Christmas tree for them if they like.
    So better get on with it. Kitchen roll and turps to buy.

Will report back on budget tomorrow or Tuesday I hope!

B x
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    So impressed Butti.
    Mine is needing done??? :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Gosh you have a complicated life
    xxx
  • Butti
    Forumite
    edited 5 August 2012 at 11:24PM
    beanielou wrote: »
    So impressed Butti.
    Mine is needing done??? :rotfl:

The handle on my paintbrush isn't long enough Beanie :D

Mixed fortunes this weekend.

My friend (lets call him 'Fred') had gone for coffee in my home town with his mother, his brother and his boyfriend 'Ginger' and rang me as I was home. So I went down to meet up with them. His mother was surprised 'I didn't think you were home this weekend'. So I was saying 'I remember Fred telling about his sister leaving the dishes when she went on holiday and us thinking how appalling that was'. 'I'd left dishes in the sink so I thought I'd better come back and wash them up before they went furry'. Fred was looking at me a bit strangely at that point so I tailed off on the story. It turned out it was his brother and his brother's ex-wife who'd left the dishes NOT his sister!!! Oooops.:eek:

Today have managed to put one coat of white on the garage door. As I finished the heaven's opened and it was stair-rodding for about 10 minutes. It's under a balcony so the top two thirds look fine, the bottom third is pebbledashed with bits of grit. To add insult to injury some green insect has stuck itself to the door! This is the kind of help I can do without!
    48% off mortgage

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Butti wrote: »
    To add insult to injury some green insect has stuck itself to the door! This is the kind of help I can do without!

Yes, they do that.

At least with it raining, you only have one...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport