Another FSAVC to SIPP Question

124»

Comments

• bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    AlanP wrote: »
    I guess I don't and TBH I still don't after what you have said here.

Are you saying that if somebody just wants to invest in their own choice of funds then they do or do not need a SIPP?

Just that I have a pension with Cavendish where I choose the investments and nowhere does it mention SIPP whereas the same thing purchase via HL would be called a SIPP.

There's practically little difference for many people.

I have a sipp with bestinvest, they charge a 0.3% fee and 0.24% for a vanguard life strategy 80, so reasonable low cost.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    AlanP wrote: »
    I guess I don't and TBH I still don't after what you have said here.

Are you saying that if somebody just wants to invest in their own choice of funds then they do or do not need a SIPP?

Just that I have a pension with Cavendish where I choose the investments and nowhere does it mention SIPP whereas the same thing purchase via HL would be called a SIPP.
    The FundSupermarket pension? That's a SIPP even if they don't call it one - you have to select the investments so it's Self Invested.

The non SIPP pensions are the likes of these on the Cavendish site:

http://www.cavendishonline.co.uk/pensions/stakeholder-and-personal-pensions/

where you can select (from a more limited set of investments) but don't have to - they'll have a default.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure