IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

can anyone recommend a good solicitor please?

Hi,

Good to see this forum is still helping hundreds of motorists successfully challenge parking-penalty sharks!

I am hoping someone might be able to recommend a good solicitor with experience of taking on these dodos? I now have lots of tickets, stacks of DRP propaganda and some Gladstones Solicitors circulars, and feel it might be time to organise a day or two in court to end the madness.

I'm in London but I don't suppose it matters where the solicitor is based? Any recommendations/introductions would be very helpful.

Cheers,
Wolf

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Are you being taken to court? If not, why (and how) would you take them to court?

If yes, you don't need a solicitor, and any costs for a solicitor cannot be claimed from the other party anyway.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi and welcome to the forum .......

may I please ask as to why you want a solicitor ?

if it is to fight PPC's parking invoices ..... then you will get better advice here and its free ........

the forum members on MSE and PEPIPOO would run rings around solicitors IMHO

and they certainly do so with PPC solicitors

Ralph:cool:
  • wolfaroo
    wolfaroo Posts: 16 Forumite
    No, I'm not being taken to court.

I would like to pursue the creditor(s) and/or landowner for harassment and sue their solicitors for professional misconduct. I would also like professional legal advice on what other avenues are available for legal recourse.

Many thanks,
    Wolf
  • Watch the postman for the court papers that will likely be coming your way soon. "Lot of Tickets" usually means they will test the waters
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 October 2016 at 3:13PM
    wolfaroo wrote: »
    Hi,

Good to see this forum is still helping hundreds of motorists successfully challenge parking-penalty sharks!

I am hoping someone might be able to recommend a good solicitor with experience of taking on these dodos? I now have lots of tickets, stacks of DRP propaganda and some Gladstones Solicitors circulars, and feel it might be time to organise a day or two in court to end the madness.

I'm in London but I don't suppose it matters where the solicitor is based? Any recommendations/introductions would be very helpful.

'Mr Mustard' (occasional poster on pepipoo forum and he has appeared, helping people at PCN Adjudications for Council tickets, on 'Parking Wars' once on TV I think) is in Barnet and seems to have put a motorist in touch with legal representation, according to a new article about someone whose car was wrongly seized by bailiffs. That case was in the Daily Mail yesterday, Police actually arrested the new owner for sitting in HIS car when the PCNs related to the previous owner. The bailiffs spun the yarn that the write was attached to the vehicle, not the actual (previous owner) debtor...

Think I'm remembering that right. Mr Mustard mainly deals with Council PCNs, though, I believe.

Normally we do not suggest using a solicitor as you cannot reclaim costs in Small Claims (unless your home Legal Cover will foot the bill).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    wolfaroo wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers,
    Wolf

I doubt you will find a solicitor who would take this scam on.
    The only ones we see here are low level pond life like Gladstones, BWLegal, Wright Hassall and Miah who prey on motorists

The DRP RUBBISH you just ignore.

Why not play footie with Gladstones, they are not the smartest in the book.

The Parking Prankster says this ......

"Incompetent scammers Will Hurley and John Davies"
    They own Gladstones. AKA Mr Bean & Mr Bean
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=gladstones

Gladstones have been reported to the SRA many times and that is your angle of attack.

In the meantime deny everything to Gladstones, put your demands back on them for proof
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Any solicitor will take your money to issue a claim and prepare the paperwork if you want to fight back.

You can even do it yourself. I've got one going at the moment and for £50, it gets the other side to focus on what you are telling them.

Since you do not have a claim, a pre-emptive strike such as you are suggesting will likely get you a claim from them so another suggestion is to invite them to issue a claim and for the same £50 put in a counterclaim to theirs
  • beamerguy
    Any solicitor will take your money to issue a claim and prepare the paperwork if you want to fight back.

True ..... doubt that any solicitor will be clued up though with the parking industry and/or would risk failure to tarnish their name.
    Suppose their might be others like Gladstones, BWLegal, Wright Hassall and Miah who work for a few bucks
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    beamerguy wrote: »
    ... Gladstones have been reported to the SRA many times and that is your angle of attack....

I'm afraid this advice, although well intended, is just plain wrong.

The fact that Gladstones may have been reported to the SRA in previous instances has no bearing on the present case. Furthermore, unless there is documented evidence of a complaint against Gladstones being upheld by the SRA, no judicial notice would be taken of this.

As for finding a solicitor to take on a parking case, people have tried that before, and they generally shy away, mumbling 'Beavis'.

Suing for harassment would require you to provide evidence of a large number of letters and/or phone calls demanding payment. See Ferguson v British Gas Trading Ltd [2009] EWCA 46.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • beamerguy
    bargepole wrote: »
    I'm afraid this advice, although well intended, is just plain wrong.

The fact that Gladstones may have been reported to the SRA in previous instances has no bearing on the present case. Furthermore, unless there is documented evidence of a complaint against Gladstones being upheld by the SRA, no judicial notice would be taken of this.

One then wonders what goes on with the SRA ?? It was earlier this year they said that there was no proof that Gladstones/IPC/IAS were anything to do with each other.

The public must have some sort of trust with the SRA if they are to remain credible
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure