PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Options

Comments

• kidcat
    kidcat Posts: 6,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh my Lisa am so sorry ((Hugs)) how awful for you and your DH - would work allow him to leave to go into the hospital?
  • lisakay_2
    Options
    They may do, but wild horses would not drag my DH there!! He went to see another family member in the same way a few years ago and has said he would rather just have good memories. It may be days or even weeks yet before the DNR is needed, but DH will still not go. His uncle will not know whether he has been or not. The girls have coloured some pictures in to be put by his bedside, covered in lots of hearts and kisses and DD2 has managed to write a little sentence for him which is very cute.

...and I think I've just realised that it's real and can barely see the keyboard. He's such a lovely man, the girls love him.
    freecycler and skip diver extraordinnaire:cool:
  • kidcat
    Options
    ((hugs)) lisa.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    Options
    kidcat wrote: »
    I am going to do something unthinkable to me, I am going to go into the office and cry all over the place and tell them exactly how it is and how I feel, then I am going to make an official complaint about their attitude and advice.

It was in 6th form when I first learned something interesting about people. There was a girl there who was a bit practically inept. At the first sign of anything going wrong she'd be in floods of tears and everyone would run to her aid. Meanwhile I could be like atlas holding up the ceiling of the room, but because it looked like I could cope no-one would bother. So go in, cry as much as you can manage and see if they respond better to that. As it stands I'm in awe of how you get through each and every day.

I've my fingers crossed for you fuddle, but I don't think you really need luck, I think the house is yours.

Sorry I'm not commenting more individually, I'm so very very tired. Slept half of yesterday. The pain is subsiding, but it seems like I need a lot of rest just to shift the tail end of this. And so it was shingles, and not MS. Yay! I guess that's my good news.

Roll on next year guys. I'll mix a few homemade spirits for the "!!!!!! off 2012" party.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • lisakay_2
    Options
    softstuff, that is good news :) xx
    freecycler and skip diver extraordinnaire:cool:
  • kidcat
    Options
    softstuff - get as much rest as you need, its more important you are better and healthy for Christmas ((hugs))
  • You know, you lot are so amazing, after a day like today where there has been so much sadness and unhappy things happening you all, without exception have the capacity and empathy to put your own problems aside and offer support, friendship and love to each other The world really is a better place for having you all in it, sleep well my friends, and thank you, Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • SDG31000
    SDG31000 Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DH has brought my Christmas present.....

Two tickets to see Adam Garcia in Kiss Me Kate!!!! :D. One of my favourite musicals ever.

All together now...."I..I...I...hate men!"
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    the_cake wrote: »
    I hope this is a typo!!!!:eek:

Oh my god!

It was a typo! I meant help! :o

Lisa x
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I'd like to wrap you all up in a quilt and tuck you into bed until everything is better.
    I have no idea how you all keep going. It's all very well for Drs, Sws and the like to pontificate and try to help but in the end they go away and you are left to cope again. The problems don't disappear.
    I'm all for tears if you can manage it, particularly if you are not a weepy person - it has much more impact. I've only done it once but it saved my youngest DS's life - literally.

This is not going to help you much but things do seem to quieten down as you get older. Not that there aren't problems, but as everyone gets more mature and children get more independent the difficulties are just that little bit further removed from you.
    And there is a bit more security when you have a state pension. Well, there is at the moment.

Courage, my lovelies. Somehow we will all win through.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business