Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company

Comments

• Pedrx wrote: »
    Don't quite understand you here. What is 'my end of the bargain' and how did I make it and do I take a day off work to fulfill this bargain?

Will you ask your vexed friend how I can get in touch with Hermes please. I have a Hermes card, by the way, saying posted 'through bedroom window' signed Karen. No parcel, no other information.

But, if as you say, Karen is entitled to leave it anywhere, including the dustbin, then... who knows...
    Your end of the bargain is being in when the courier delivers. If you are not then you shouldn't order stuff for delivery.

Karen should have left a contact number on her card, if she didn't try contacting the person you ordered from.
  • dickie211
    dickie211 Posts: 5 Forumite
    After reading this thread I thought I would post my experience.

I am a business seller and have been with MyHermes for over 2 years and send several thousand parcels a year with them.

I have only ever had 2 lost parcels

I have only ever had one late delivery (xmas 2011)

MyHermes have refunded for all of the above without question

Parcels start at £3.30 per parcel. The nearest price to this is Royal Mail starting at £5.30, nearly twice as much.

Tracking info is always up to date, within minutes actually.

Customer service is very good. They will even get a driver on the phone at the same time if there is an issue or problem.

For regular senders, many drivers will share their contact details with you and work around you for collections

Terms and conditions state that the driver should attempt delivery 3 times

I ship fragile items which are not covered under insurance with MyHermes or anyone else for that matter. Breakage rate WAS only 5%, Royal Mail was 30% (for my business)

Safe place is optional

However.........

Drivers only get paid 50p per parcel, if the customer isn't home they don't get paid.

Drivers are freelance. On the whole most are good, but depending on area some don't give a sh*t. All are fully qualified. I.E have a car with 4 wheels. This does vary however from having your own van and trying to make an honest living at one extreme to youngsters driving heavily modified barely legal motor cars and driving past customers houses throwing parcels onto the lawn US paperboy style as they drive past being the other. The latter damaging the reputation of the former and the seller.

Some will throw parcels over fences, leave in bins or on doorsteps in plain view. Why should they care, it's 50p isn't it?

Despite the terms and conditions still stating that 3 attempts should be made for delivery, drivers are now allowed to use their own discretion, throw it over a six foot wall and listen for the smash is now acceptable! Especially if the item is labelled Fragile as their are no repercussions for the driver or MyHermes as a whole. Is the customer even home, who cares?

MyHermes are now poaching work from their own staff by opening ParcelShops. Makes it an even more attractive option for drivers to jump up and down on boxes a few times before delivering.

Live in a flat. No problems, just leave the parcel in the lobby for the first person that comes past to help themselves to it.

MyHermes allow you to make as many complaints as you want, you can even complain several times a week if you need to, however don't ever expect to receive a reply, that would not be acceptable.

For those whining about receiving parcels. The MyHermes customer is the sender of the parcel not the receiver. If your parcel is late, damaged or doesn't arrive it's not MyHermes fault. It's the fault of the retailer/seller. Demand a refund from the seller and while you are at leave them negative feedback on eBay/Amazon/Website and put them out of business. This only applies to small businesses by the way, large retailers will be fine. Oh, and why not actually complain about the postage costs being too high while you are at it? Boxes, bubble wrap and other materials are free after all aren't they?

Breakage rates for my business have risen from 5% to 50% in the last few months. There are other options. Do nothing and go bust or ship with Royal Mail and go bust. Both options are perfectly acceptable.

MyHermes is the only remaining economy courier in the UK. For parcels of value of £10 or less. There is no other viable option. As such they can do what they want

To all the decent drivers out there and small business owners I feel for you. To the not so decent drivers and senior management, SHAME ON YOU!

Tort law, specifically Duty of Care and Negligence does not apply to MyHermes. It is perfectly acceptable to cause reputational and financial damage to small companies as they do not have the funding to bring a liability case to court, especially when put out of business!!! However....if several companies lodged a case together that may be different. Would love to hear similar thoughts.....
  • Three times this last week I've fallen foul of Myhermes, and that's presented two problems.
    The first one is that Myhermes will NOT deliver to me, they have given several excuses ranging from "no answer" thru "unable to locate" to the very latest "no access"!
    Queried them all and the latest turned out to be that the road was "unmade". That's a very strange one and I'm sure the council would have something to say about that.
    There is to me a more pressing problem and that is eBay sellers selecting Royal Mail as the delivery option, giving the royal mail price ie; £6.30 but then shipping through Myhermes where their price is £3.30.
    I've paid £3.00 more than the delivery price but because it's with the worst delivery company in the UK I wont even get the item.
    Good or what?
  • RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Three times this last week I've fallen foul of Myhermes, and that's presented two problems.
    The first one is that Myhermes will NOT deliver to me, they have given several excuses ranging from "no answer" thru "unable to locate" to the very latest "no access"!
    Queried them all and the latest turned out to be that the road was "unmade". That's a very strange one and I'm sure the council would have something to say about that.
    There is to me a more pressing problem and that is eBay sellers selecting Royal Mail as the delivery option, giving the royal mail price ie; £6.30 but then shipping through Myhermes where their price is £3.30.
    I've paid £3.00 more than the delivery price but because it's with the worst delivery company in the UK I wont even get the item.
    Good or what?

Have you tried messaging sellers immediately after purchase to say to them that MyHermes cannot deliver to your address and that you expect the package to be sent by Royal Mail as per the listing p&p charges?
  • blondmark
    blondmark Posts: 456 Forumite
    mogwai wrote: »
    Just a heads up for people thinking of using this company - don't.
    Couldn't agree more - I found time and again that booking a collection is exactly the same as booking nothing. Nobody turns up and nobody calls. Hermes is an absolute shambles!
  • colsey
    colsey Posts: 25 Forumite
    I have used myhermes hundreds of times and about 99% of the time they are excellent! They have only lost my package once and that is less than the amount I have lost by using royal mail. Very easy to use when booking through parcel2go and always get a plesent driver picking the items up. My better than yodel! You should have started the thread about yodel as they are the worst company I have ever used. They have forgotten to pick my parcels more than they have picked them up and the drivers are always miserable! My Hermes rock!
  • I ordered £100 worth of goods from Vertbaudet and 2 weeks later had not received them. Gave Vertbaudet a call and was advised Hermes delivered it a week earlier at number 171 (i live at number 173) and it was signed for.

Funny thing is, 171 doesn't exist! To my left is 175 (my parents house) and to my right, about 50m away, is number 157, the houses inbetween were demolished 30 years ago and a big park built in their place.

I checked with the neighbouring houses, no parcel had been delivered, and no card was ever left through my door to say it had anyway!

Vertbaudet advised me that Hermes have 28 days to investigate but for the time being i will not be refunded. 2 weeks later Hermes send me a slip to sign to say that the parcel was not delivered to number 171, no info on what happens next.

I took some screen shots of Google street view and the address finder from the Royal Mail website and have sent them along with a letter to Hermes. I'm hoping it is resolved soon as the 28 days is almost up, i will not be letting this go if not.

So it's a thumbs down from me :mad:
  • PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM HERMES !!!!!
    THEY WAISTED MY ALL WEEK
    IS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE !!!!

This is absolutely joke !!!I paid for collection on Monday and today is Friday and NOBODY CAME FROM HERMES.They do not care about customers,they do not call me ,do not answer.
    Im stuck with kids 4 days during half term waiting for Hermes
    This is waste of my time and money .
    Finally they answered and said ll be morning Friday - Its around 7 pm and NOBODY
    THis is joke !!!!! I paid ,my customer is waiting for parcel Im wasting time DURING HALF TERM !!!!
    PEOPLE YOU CAN NOT DO THIS TO CUSTOMERS TO MUMS WITH KIDS !!!!
    What is this service??????? ABSOLUTELY JOKE and I do not understand why they do not call me ,do not contact me !!!!! I sent 5 enquiries about problem - no response !!!!!!
    ABSOLUTELY UNHAPPY AND DISAPPOINTED with Hermes!!!
    I had similar situation few weeks ago and nobody called me inform .Later driver said that car was broken .
    Even if was broken IM CUSTOMER WHO IS ALL DAY AT HOME and Hermes should send me email or call me
    NO RESPECT FOR CUSTOMER !!!!!!!!
  • That's rubbish! Just because you had bad experience don't put other people off! I have been using them for over a year now. One time item was damaged and they gave me the ebay sale value back! Royal mail on other hand send you postage stamps as if to give a little kid some sweets when they can't find your parcel!

GO with MyHermes and try it. Get me to recommend you and you will also get 10% off!

If you want proof of their service I can provide you with my list of items sent! Infact I am today booking a parcel and I can give you tracking number! So please STOP crying for a one off mistake/problem!
    mogwai wrote: »
    Just a heads up for people thinking of using this company - don't.

From the very start it was unprofessional - the pickup guy started off by calling me randomly and asking if I had any papers, and where it was going, and was I the sender or the buyer (??).

When he arrived, he kept asking for papers, which weren't provided and left my brother with a tiny sticker with the name myhermes on it. Not sure what that was supposed to be about - so no confirmation papers, nothing.

After a couple of weeks, the buyer contacts me to say he hasnt received the item. I email and call the company all day - no response. The buyer has now put in a paypal claim and rightly so..

Steer clear, the hassle is not worth the tempting cheap prices on offer
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I must admit I was thinking of bidding on an item on EBay recently but when I saw that the seller uses Hermes I decided against it. Very expensive, and terrible service in my experience!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure