IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK CPS Ltd

Comments

• cat410
    cat410 Posts: 35 Forumite
    yes they were PCN's not invoices from private.
  • mysterio_2
    mysterio_2 Posts: 525
    First Post
    Forumite
    welll...here's a turn up

I decided to contact the land owners of the retail park UKCPS ticketed me on explained what had happened they emailed me saying they would contact UKCPS and see whats happened....they came back to me spouting all sorts of rubbish about blue badge bays etc

I emailed back saying about the equality act 2010 and various other bits i'd quoted from the good peeps here...and suprise suprise the land owner calls me & said they were very sorry for the upset & hassle the ticket's been cancelled as a "good will" gesture. The one thing however that truly amazed me was the attatched photo the PCN monkey had took.....wasnt anything like my car!!!
    Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
    :p
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I hope they are going to follow the example of another retail park and kick UKCPS off the premises for "aggressive ticketing".
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • mysterio_2
    First Post
    Forumite
    trisontana wrote: »
    I hope they are going to follow the example of another retail park and kick UKCPS off the premises for "aggressive ticketing".

sadly doubt it....
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    mysterio wrote: »
    welll...here's a turn up

I decided to contact the land owners of the retail park UKCPS ticketed me on explained what had happened they emailed me saying they would contact UKCPS and see whats happened....they came back to me spouting all sorts of rubbish about blue badge bays etc

I emailed back saying about the equality act 2010 and various other bits i'd quoted from the good peeps here...and suprise suprise the land owner calls me & said they were very sorry for the upset & hassle the ticket's been cancelled as a "good will" gesture. The one thing however that truly amazed me was the attatched photo the PCN monkey had took.....wasnt anything like my car!!!

Was it "British Land" or "Savilles" by any chance?
  • mysterio_2
    First Post
    Forumite
    savilles............
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It was Savilles who kicked off UKCPS from the Elk retail park Oldham,Lancs. So you might be in with a chance.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • mysterio_2
    First Post
    Forumite
    edited 26 July 2012 at 7:31PM
    well...fingers crossed but the email makes me think not..
    Please find attached a photograph of the vehicle to which the parking ticket number 00000 was attached. as you can see there is no disabled badge visible.It is incumbent upon the badge holder to ensure that the Blue Badge is displayed where it can be clearly read through the windscreen of your vehicle. The front of the badge should face upwards, showing the wheelchair symbol or the hologram in the new badge design.

The reason the ticket was issued was that the vehicle was parked in a disabled space without a valid badge visible.

UKCPS were contracted by us to ensure that principally disabled parking spaces were monitored to ensure that they were not abused by non badge holders. This type of abuse is prevalent throughout the UK and causes difficulties to disabled visitors.

I am satisfied that UKCPS acted responsibly and in accordance with the terms and conditions as stated on the signs located througout the park.

However as a gesture of goodwill the ticket has been rescinded.
    Yours sincerely
    Colin Gilligan
    hmm no badge displayed on the photo he sent...thats because its not my car!
  • cat410
    cat410 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Just been back to the car park I was issued a ticket. Signage states - warning parking regulations apply. You must display a valid blue badge. Failure to comply will result in a parking charge of £90. Do you still think I should ignore my fine? My badge being displayed, but expired?
  • AltheHibby
    AltheHibby Posts: 733
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    keep on ignoring.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts