Virgin mobile - poor signal

Comments

• chewynut
    chewynut Posts: 374 Forumite
    I remember when I was with Virgin mobile. It seemed to involve a lot of walking up hills and whatnot trying to find some signal...
    'til the end of the line
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I recently changed from Orange to Virgin but now have signal strength probs, I thought that I would be OK as Orange share with T-mobile and Virgin piggyback off T-mobile.
    Is it possible that T-mobile reduce Virgins reception somehow, or any other reason?
    TIA

They are not sharing with Orange yet for Virgin Mobile customers, so you can only use T-Mobile masts at the moment. Sharing with Orange is coming later in the year for VM customers.
  • traceya89
    traceya89 Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i cant get a signal indoors with 3. i have complained to the ombusman and have won my case to leave 3 with no penalty. however, 10 months into a 24 month contract i have to return the phones (mine is a blackberry, daughters is an iphone), but having to fork out £400+ for 2 new phones is not within my means, so i have 28 days to decide whether to return phones and start from scratch. i would have been happy for a £10 reduction in monthly payments for the inconvenience of not being able to use phones indoors. and with that £10 free would have bought a cheap payg phone with tesco in caseanyone needed to contact us urgently!
    Just about to give up!
  • I have done a bit of trawling on the www. and have found that a joint T-Mobile/Orange upgrade is on it's way sometime this year, it is called Everything Everywhere, hopefully it lives up to its name, just google it for more info.
    FWIW there are images of all the main management team, only two bothered to wear a tie, I must be getting old. :)
  • vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    I have done a bit of trawling on the www. and have found that a joint T-Mobile/Orange upgrade is on it's way sometime this year, it is called Everything Everywhere, hopefully it lives up to its name, just google it for more info.
    FWIW there are images of all the main management team, only two bothered to wear a tie, I must be getting old. :)

This happened several months ago. Seems to have worked fine for me, no ideas about others experiences tho.
  • I read somewhere that the T-Mobile/Orange mast share commences today, anyone noticed this?
    FWIW I will find out later if it has happened in my area.
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    29th I was told
  • In the village where the Orange signal is good I managed to use my Virgin mobile OK today, maybe a coincidence or maybe it was the 26th after all, time will tell. :)
  • Don't be conned by Virgin Mobile's coverage maps and their use of Sprint towers. I was. I can hardly get a signal, when I do it is 1 bar, downloads are painfully slow if you can even get them to work. I will be forced to switch to another carrier and have wasted alot of money, time and energy on an android phone that won't work on any other network.
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    justzman wrote: »
    Don't be conned by Virgin Mobile's coverage maps and their use of Sprint towers. I was. I can hardly get a signal, when I do it is 1 bar, downloads are painfully slow if you can even get them to work. I will be forced to switch to another carrier and have wasted alot of money, time and energy on an android phone that won't work on any other network.

This is a UK forum, why are you posting about Virgin Mobile USA it is just going to lead to confusion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure