Cost of new bathroom installation - is this fair?

Comments

• EvilMonkey
    EvilMonkey Posts: 680 Forumite
    This thread makes me frustrated. Loads of people saying it's overpriced, but I'm looking for something similar, have had 4 quotes in, ALL at more than £4.5K...

How do I find these cheap guys!

Yours, in frustration...

E.M.
  • I'm having my tiny bathroom completely ripped out and replaced - including repairs to squeaky floorboards - at a cost of £4400, in Kent, if that's any help. I trust my plumber, he seems very thorough, says it's likely to be around ten days work.
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Helenl wrote: »
    I'm having my tiny bathroom completely ripped out and replaced - including repairs to squeaky floorboards - at a cost of £4400, in Kent, if that's any help. I trust my plumber, he seems very thorough, says it's likely to be around ten days work.

Hi

Is that supply and fit or labour only?
    Corgi Guy.
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • Is that supply and fit or labour only?

Supply and fit. He's supplying everything, and has left a contingency that has allowed him to deal with problems arising from my antiquated plumbing, plus the fact that taking the tiles off took all the plaster with them.

So far so good. My only complaint is the plumber doesn't respect my carpets as much as I'd like him to!
  • Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Helenl wrote: »
    Supply and fit. He's supplying everything, and has left a contingency that has allowed him to deal with problems arising from my antiquated plumbing, plus the fact that taking the tiles off took all the plaster with them.

So far so good. My only complaint is the plumber doesn't respect my carpets as much as I'd like him to!

Good afternoon: Tell him to get out his dust sheets pronto. My OH has a large supply of dust/plastic sheets for every plumbing/heating occasion.;) Price sounds about right for down here. It will all be over soon!

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • It’s not a bad price, it also depends on the cost of your bathroom it’s self or is this on top of the £4,850?
  • jblack_2
    jblack_2 Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    Hello,

My name is Darren Jenkins and I like to dig up old posts which allow me to advertise and give over inflated quotes.

best wishes
    Darren Jenkins
    :rolleyes:
  • Hi, there are my prices:

• booty40uk
    booty40uk Posts: 514 Forumite
    Nice spam there bob the tiler. And superb grammar also.
  • I have just been quoted £500 to take out my existing bath, sink and toilet and replace with a new one which I have brought myself from B and Q for £199. Its a straight swop - everything is going into the same position. I need to get someone else in to do the tiling, but i still recon thats a good price based on what I have read on this thread!!
    MFW 2011 challenge - Aim: Overpay £414.26 a month/£5,000 a year. Overpayment Total to date: £414.26:jMortgage start 28/9/07 £46,217.00 :TMortgage balance as of 25/05/11 £24,490.58 :T
    Interest saved as of 25/05/11: £2,849.84 Projected term reduction as of 25/05/11: 9 years 11 months
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure