Best Current Account for 17 Year Old

My son is in his last year at school and is 18 this week. We have an investment maturing on his 18th birthday and were just going to put the money into an ISA for him. The best cash ISA at the moment is the A & L but requires a link to a current account. I don't want to link it to my current account so am looking for a decent current account for him to open.

Any advice or reccommendations please?

Comments

• Anybody prepared to earn £25 by referring my son to A&L :D If you're interested post your details below and I'll pm my email address and details for referral (That way I won't get inundated with PM's:eek: ) Just one reply should suffice;)
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Hollie I would love too but dont have an account.

Can I suggest you go to the referrers board in this forum... it's another sub forum like this one. You'll probably get ambushed with offers.

Or if you are really pushed, use quidco.com for cashback on sign up.
  • paddy2006 wrote: »
    I would gladly do it,as my Mum has one.Just need to know how to do it.
    EDIT:I found how to do it so if you would like I'll do it now.

You have a PM:D
  • greyster wrote: »
    Hollie I would love too but dont have an account.

Can I suggest you go to the referrers board in this forum... it's another sub forum like this one. You'll probably get ambushed with offers.

Or if you are really pushed, use quidco.com for cashback on sign up.

I hadn't thought of the referrers board but as paddy2006 has referred me I'm sorted thanks. I was initially going to ask for PM's and then realised I was probably asking for trouble doing it that way;)
  • PBA
    PBA Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    How much interest does an A&L current account pay? Abbey pay 6% on their 16-18 year old current account, which may be a better deal, but everyone else seems more interested in getting their own referral than getting the OP the best deal.

Edit: Should have said, A&L are paying 50quid through Quidco to open a current account, so that's a far better deal anyways than getting 25 through a referral

For the record, I do work for Abbey but gain nothing unless you happen to open a new account through my branch.
  • PBA wrote: »
    How much interest does an A&L current account pay? Abbey pay 6% on their 16-18 year old current account, which may be a better deal, but everyone else seems more interested in getting their own referral than getting the OP the best deal.

Edit: Should have said, A&L are paying 50quid through Quidco to open a current account, so that's a far better deal anyways than getting 25 through a referral

For the record, I do work for Abbey but gain nothing unless you happen to open a new account through my branch.

10% up to £1,000. Above that he can open an ISA with them which pays 6.25%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport