Vanquis balance transfer help!

Options
Hey, if any one could help me out I'll be eternally grateful.

Short question:
Does anyone know of a credit card that will accept a balance transfer from a Vanquis and Ocean Finance card?

Long story:
I've been struggling the last few years to pay off my credit cards - 1 with Vanquis, 1 Capital One, 1 Ocean Finance (a subsidiary of Capital One). My sister kindly took a Sainsbury's balance transfer credit card, to transfer all debts over, I then pay her card off each month so reduce my payment and clear the debt as it's 0%interest for 3 years.

However, when we tried to transfer the balance, we were told that the Vanquis and Ocean Finance balance could not be transferred onto the Sainsbury's card - this is due to Sainsbury's banks rules, not a restriction with Vanquis or Ocean Finance. Luckily the Capital One balance was transferred without a hitch.

To work around this we are planning to transfer to another card that will accept balance transfers with Vanquis and Ocean finance.

Have any of you Money experts succesffully made a balance transfer from Vanquis or Ocean finance recently? and if so, who did you use?

Thanks in advance :A:A:A:A

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    This comes up a lot with Vanquis.

The easiest solution, if you can, is to go the money transfer route.
  • Beakyd
    Options
    Thanks zx81 for your super fast reply!

Do you mind if I ask what you mean by 'the money transfer route'?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Some cards offer a money transfer option as well as balance transfers - it allows you to put funds from the credit card into your current account and you can then pay whoever you like from there.
  • Beakyd
    Options
    AHAH, that makes sense, thank you so much. Will have a look into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure