Composite door quote

Options
So I had a salesman come out to give me a quote from a company called safeglazeuk, he stated the company was set up on the back of safestyle UK as some of the MDs didn't like the way safestyle treat their customers socset up another company. The guy stayed around 3 hrs and wasn't pressuring at all. I agreed to buy a door for £1248 but did not part with any money or give any bank details, they are supposed to be ringing Friday to take a £100 deposit then I have 6 months to pick an installation date and pay rest once work completed.i have decided not to proceed and sent the surveyor home yesterday saying I had changed my mind. The company has a website on the order paper and email address yet when I have tried to email it just bounces back and the website address is not found. This has really raised my suspicions and I just wondered where I stand as I have signed a contract. Thanks

Comments

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    Options
    You should have a 14 day cooling off period. Ring them be ask for an address to put it in writing.
  • Sallyday10
    Options
    Hi,

we had a Rockdoor installed last year.

Can't fault the build quality, plenty of companies sell/install them for similar money to that you've been quoted.

I'd look elsewhere if I were you.

Mike.
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,735 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We had 2 x DoorStop composites fitted 2 years ago, front and back door and paid £1600 fitted for both, from a company in Essex
  • thebaldwindowfitter
    Options
    You should have a 14 day cooling off period. Ring them be ask for an address to put it in writing.
    Not true with bespoke items doors and windows are made to measure saving grace is its not been surveyed .The company name is a scamming technique some people might think they were buying off a massive company
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • TheCyclingProgrammer
    Options
    What did the contract say? Did they make your cancellation rights (or lack thereof) clear?
  • Denzel85
    Options
    Yes there was a bit I had to fill out on the contract to cancel so I have done that and sent recorded delivery
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    britishboy wrote: »
    We had 2 x DoorStop composites fitted 2 years ago, front and back door and paid £1600 fitted for both, from a company in Essex
    Name please? (The company, not the door).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    britishboy wrote: »
    What I like about DoorStop: https://www.door-stop.co.uk/modernslavery
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    What I like about DoorStop: https://www.door-stop.co.uk/modernslavery

I am guessing your comment is totally tongue in cheek, and you too are well aware of Masonite and the business ethos at DoorStop.

I am left almost speechless by the brazen USA attitude behind this we do not give a ---- attitude, but that is the way things are today. As we can all see it is "Masonite do not ..." followed by "Masonote do not ..." which is also reflected in the attitude of DoorStop composite doors. Here the sad reality is Masonite/Doorstop do not have a Technical Department, Masonite/DoorStop do not have any technical staff, Masonioite/Doorstop do not have any regional staff, Masonite/DoorStop do not have any interest in customer support ... which is all following the same script format as the modern slavery page.

All round one struggles to find anything positive to say about DoorStop composite doors which is why for most consumers these doors are best avoided.
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Denzel85 wrote: »
    he stated the company was set up on the back of safestyle UK as some of the MDs didn't like the way safestyle treat their customers socset up another company.
    Awooga awooga - "marketing" bs! Why on earth would you start another company named after the company you feel isn't well regarded? Its clearly out to try and associate itself with the big boys (who I still would not touch with a barge pole).
    Denzel85 wrote: »
    The guy stayed around 3 hrs and wasn't pressuring at all.
    Three hours!!!! :eek: That's what I call pressuring! I had a front door and four windows - one which was a new knock through - discussed and measured in about 30 mins - a written quote followed up a few days later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure