Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,969 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The_weedie wrote: »
    This is my plan anyway. Once the switch is fully completed and done. I’ll transfer £1k over. Leave it a couple of days then transfer the another £1k over.

That won't work... unless you make a 3rd mid December, which shouldn't be too onerous.

The 2nd transfer must be AFTER the 1st 31 day period - ie in the 2nd 31day period after the switch.
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Update on my switch:

Switch was completed on the 7th. All direct debits from Tesco transferred across OK.
    Direct Debit due on the 8th. Checked today and rejected by Tesco as no payment instruction.

Rang up Yorkshire and apparently I was told that the switching works 9 times out of 10. So 10% failure rate, then? Not happy. Just as well it wasn't my main account that I was switching with mortgage or council tax DD's.

I have cancelled all the Tesco DD's and have set them up on Tesco side again using the sort code and account number of Yorkshire Bank.

So much for a smooth switch......
  • Shashy
    Shashy Posts: 139 Forumite
    Very clunky switching experience here too.

Application sign-up journey failed online.

2 calls needed to get my auth code posted.

Another call needed to finish setting up the account once auth code arrived.

ANOTHER call needed to unlock my account so I could use the app and internet banking.

All this before the switch has even happened...! Working for my 250 quid!
  • Curls2208
    Curls2208 Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Still waiting.....tomorrow it;ll be seven days before the 17th. Considering i applied on 24th October this is absolutely shocking.
    I think I;ll take the hit and not change, they;ve been absolutely awful, £250 is a lot of money but another bank will offer it soon and I;ve managed to nab the TSB and HSBC ones anyway (I have 3 current accounts!)
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Curls2208 wrote: »
    (I have 3 current accounts!)

Is that all??!!

My switch due to go thro' on 17th.
    Paperwork arrived today listing DDs & payments as well as a PIN.
    Debit card came yesterday.

A bit longwinded but an easy £250.
    The only ones to more or less match that have been M&S and HSBC (I can't do First Direct as I was a customer once in the dark ages!) but you needed to keep the a/c for more than 2 months to get all the goodies
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Santander have an old legacy system (nothing to do with A and L) but they upgraded their systems I think about 2 years ago now not exactly sure with slightly different login requirements if you give them a ring you can migrate onto the new system that is what I did
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 November 2017 at 5:33PM
    Nicholas wrote: »
    Update on my switch:

Switch was completed on the 7th. All direct debits from Tesco transferred across OK.
    Direct Debit due on the 8th. Checked today and rejected by Tesco as no payment instruction.

Rang up Yorkshire and apparently I was told that the switching works 9 times out of 10. So 10% failure rate, then? Not happy. Just as well it wasn't my main account that I was switching with mortgage or council tax DD's.

I have cancelled all the Tesco DD's and have set them up on Tesco side again using the sort code and account number of Yorkshire Bank.

So much for a smooth switch......

Oh no have they said what they will do about the failure of it?

Mine went through yesterday so 1k went in today looks ok so far, time will tell when my dds are claimed. Fingers crossed I don’t have the same issue as you as my dds for this account switch are not ones I can sort myself (ones a union member fee and other is a magazine subscription)

Did the dds debit from the origional account before the switch as I have heard of issues with mandates not always validating if they’ve never been used first?
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • I've applied but I'm still waiting to hear back from them as they needed to look at my account in more detail. They did that in one night for my wife. It's been about 10 days for me. Anyone else waiting for this?
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Have you called them up to chase it?
  • Katiehound wrote: »
    Well you need 2 x DDs and they can be transferred with the switch or be new ones- as long as you have 2. At least that is my understanding and then they have to pay out :
    quote from the welcome e-mail:
    "Ensure you have set up two Direct Debits from your new account within 62 days of completing your switch. These can be transferred from your old account or created, but payments must be made from them within those 62 days and they can’t be cancelled before your £250 is paid"

Thanks for your reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport