Childcare voucher deadline

I'm currently on maternity leave and looking into childcare options. The existing voucher scheme is best for me but I don't return to work from mat leave until after the government's deadline for new entrants to this scheme of 1 April 2018. Does this mean there's no way for me to get childcare vouchers? Ironic if so, given my reason for missing deadline is that I'm off looking after my child. Are there any deadline exemptions such as people on mat leave?

Comments

• bexy_v
    bexy_v Posts: 355 Forumite
    i was told by my employer to start paying now, even if its just £1 a month as i wont be able to joint after 2018 ( will also be on mat leave by then)
    Competition Wins 2017: Humans Boxset : £25 Cheque, Lego Batman Goodies
  • Mupette
    Mupette Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    What you can do is sign up now and take 1 month salary sacrifice and then ask the voucher company to stop for one month, then restart with a future day (when you plan to return to work).

This will show on your account as an advanced order rather than expired, this is the work around for those about to or are on maternity.

Remember if you go on voucher leave, you must restart your order within 12 months, requesting an advanced date will make sure you stay in the scheme.
    GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills