A new chapter

Comments

• Well done on staying so positive and although there will be dark days, having a target to aim for will help. My son is divorced and the grandchildren live some distance away with their mum so I have had to plan days out as I don't feel comfortable visiting them in their house, even if I was to be invited in! It did get very expensive so I try to keep paid for events for the winter, and in the summer go to parks, beaches, woods etc and take lovely picnics. There are so many great places and if you take bikes, bats, balls etc, the kids just love it. Often more than the paid for stuff. Good luck x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Thanks for popping by SSS.

Yes I plan on doing plenty of part trips with family, take the rounders set.

I have actually already started making some home made outdoor games including: naughts & crosses on an old log with coloured stones, after that I am going to make some Jenga blocks out of 2x4 planks, then I am going to make a croquet set.

One sleep to go and the LO's are very excited, and truth be told so am i!!!

Mortgage free - 01/05/2019, mortgage high £200k 2011
  • The games sound great! Have a lovely time with them xxxxx
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Sorry to hear your news, but onwards and upwards!
  • Happy new year all!!

Been quiet as I've been looking after the kids this Christmas.

MSE matters what have I done?
    Placed my first matched betting, let's see if that works.
    Electric will be swapping coming start of January.

Next thing to do is sign up for 0% credit card for stoozing

• £16.48 profit from the first matched betting.
    Was quite easy actually

• lippy1923
    lippy1923 Posts: 1,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Wish I could do the matched betting thing. I have read up a little bit but its to confusing for me at the mo. Wish I could pay someone to do it for me lol.
    Total Mortgage OP £61,000
    Outstanding Mortgage £27,971
    Emergency Fund £62,100
    I AM NOW MORTGAGE NEUTRAL!!!! <<Sep-20>>

• michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi Lincoln-potter. Sorry that things have not gone the way you expected, but you seem to have a great attitude. My aim to pay off 300k in 13 years seems less ambitious compared to yours! Will be watching your progress though.

Good luck!
  • lippy1923 wrote: »
    Wish I could do the matched betting thing. I have read up a little bit but its to confusing for me at the mo. Wish I could pay someone to do it for me lol.

It's quite easy to start, I used this website
    http://www.savethestudent.org/make-money/what-is-matched-betting.html

Explains it quite well. I'll keep updating to see if it carries on being that easy.
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Hi Lincoln-potter. Sorry that things have not gone the way you expected, but you seem to have a great attitude. My aim to pay off 300k in 13 years seems less ambitious compared to yours! Will be watching your progress though.

Good luck!

Hi Michelle, thanks for stopping by.
    13 years is still a good target, whether I hit my target or not however is another question! I guess it'll depend on how many of my bucket list items get in the way. Whilst determined I am also going to make sure I enjoy myself along the way.

• Couple more matched bets placed, getting the starting free bets is easy enough, it'll be interesting to see how easy it is find deals once you are an existing customer.

One further bank account all setup ready for interest of 3% up to 3k.
    Might leave it a few weeks before I do my next application, I don't want to do too many too soon, but I think the 26months 0% with the AA will be the first card I go for.

Ohh I won the lottery! Just got to decide what to spend my £1.00 on......

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport