Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi AJ good to see you back. Make sure you get plenty of rest a good catch up on here and plenty of candycrush should do the trick.

Di, you wouldn’t believe it but ds4 and dgf moved in here while we were away, too look after the house he tells me. Oh yes :eek: put it this way, stocks are low, iPad covered in finger marks, yuk :eek: but he told me he has moved on in Candy, did my bonus and been very generous with lives. Couldn’t find charger yesterday but it turned up under one of the sofas :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bless his heart. I’m now off to bed and catch-up later. Hope you are well Di xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    AJ, plenty of rest and hopefully you will be back soon, take care x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    This is a Sntandr atm, is there any way to see if it has contactless?

I did hover my Apple pay over the key pad but nothing.

D0_FF1_AF2-_E706-4_ED5-824_A-9957_F51_C86_C1.jpg

The contactless is in that space to the right of the keypad - usually, but not always, marked with the contactless sign.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have to be honest with all the lurkers on here who also save a fortune I am surprised that more money hasn't been raised. I think there are an awful lot of us who can afford a fiver........just saying :)

All the lurkers appear to have gone in to hibernation now the big gift glitch has ended... :(
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • Fruittea
    Fruittea Posts: 956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have to be honest with all the lurkers on here who also save a fortune I am surprised that more money hasn't been raised. I think there are an awful lot of us who can afford a fiver........just saying :)

Thanks for the reminder - I'm a lurker and have appreciated Sal's hard work in the past. Thanks also to all the Elite. I have donated.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,003 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Chrisv wrote: »
    JF is 2 for £9 v T or W - so £2.05 each. Best would be v S or M at £1.60 each.

Thanks, so 2 for 6 was just a typo :(
    I think....
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    The contactless is in that space to the right of the keypad - usually, but not always, marked with the contactless sign.

Yes, it is right of the key pad. If they have security cameras they will have seen me scanning the ATM all round until my phone beeped :o. I also did the same at other ATMs too - though in fairness it did say contactless in. Screen so I knew it was there somewhere!

It is not exactly obvious as no label on my nearest San - I tried scanning the keypad, the card slot ... I was expecting getting a tap on my shoulder from the police for suspicious behaviour :D.

Anon
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    locarr wrote: »
    All the lurkers appear to have gone in to hibernation now the big gift glitch has ended... :(

Typical .
  • thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Started a new job this week and have been full of a cold too. 5 hours travel each day so not even time to catch up each day...

Saw this in M&S today and thought I'd mention it :
    80 Breakfast Blend Tea Bags (yellow box) are reduced to £1.10 in M&S. Bought one along with some milk for a few magic digits (AP) and 10p real money :).

Saw the M beans on the dark side earlier so bought 2 x 20 of those for food bank. Also tried (and somewhat failed) for the 6,250 points (£6.25) when you buy an amazon gift card. I think that's effective 12.5% off at amazon - albeit to spend in M.
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    Mixed results on balsam shop

14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    2x Hunger Breaks The Full Monty (395g) £2.00 £2.00
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Shampoo (300ml) £6.00 N/A
    1x Hunger Breaks All Day Breakfast (395g) £1.00 £1.74
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Damage Repair Conditioner (300ml) £6.00 £3.00
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Conditioner (300ml) £6.00 £3.00
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Damage Repair Shampoo (300ml) £6.00 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint) £1.09 £1.10