IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPE Aviator Way Manchester

13»

Comments

• SnakeGuy
    SnakeGuy Posts: 8 Forumite
    Will the proof of posting be enough, as legal evidence? Does the proof of posting show who it goes to?
  • SnakeGuy
    SnakeGuy Posts: 8 Forumite
    So, what should I do in my letter to them?
    Should I us the IPC template as is?
    I actually have a valid permit for that spot.

Should I insist that I have a permit and they should reject it or just stick to the template, which asks for all the photographic evidence?

Cheers
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    SnakeGuy wrote: »
    Will the proof of posting be enough, as legal evidence? Does the proof of posting show who it goes to?

Yes (deemed served 2 days after posting) - Interpretation Act 1978 (Section 7)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1978/30/pdfs/ukpga_19780030_en.pdf

The post code to which the letter is sent is detailed on the certificate.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    SnakeGuy wrote: »
    So, what should I do in my letter to them?
    Should I us the IPC template as is?
    I actually have a valid permit for that spot.

Should I insist that I have a permit and they should reject it or just stick to the template, which asks for all the photographic evidence?

Cheers

To show you're being 'reasonable' and trying to resolve this issue, you could add a final paragraph (avoiding any reference to who was driving) to the effect that you have a permit, and you could attach a photocopy as proof.

However, don't expect any positive response!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Ohlavache
    Ohlavache Posts: 6 Forumite
    I don' suppose you have any photos of the signs at this very place?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure