We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes, but I have caught her heavy cold, so I have been coughing most of the night - grrrr.

April shower day again but bright. Internet actually working okay so am trying to catch all those things that need doing on it & emails.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,713 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    GRRR don't talk to me about colds. Have had a cough for 5 weeks and just got antibiotics for it, though the doctor did suggest I could leave it a bit longer I said 5 weeks was long enough! Hope yours clears up quicker than mine.

All the chaps are gearing up for lambing time. DS1 is currently midwife to 140 cows so he's not going out very much. At the moment its the calm before the storm/

OH had his 50th birthday party, it all went very well but I'm glad its over. Mind you his actual birthday isn't until the 29th.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    5 weeks Lucielle - you must be fed up to the teeth of it. Does your chest hurt when you cough? I'm finding it quite painful & I'm a newbie to it.

Congrats to OH - like the queen with his official birthday & his 'real' one?

Not a bad day here with no rain - how odd is that?
  • lucielle
    Yes pretty fed up with it, I was giving myself a headache with all the coughing!

Not to mention other areas that having had 4 children were affected, sorry TMI.

Hoping to go to the garden centre this weekend and have a nosey there.

What's everybody else up to?
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    lucielle wrote: »
    What's everybody else up to?
    L
    Still digging up the conservatory floor, getting the road hedge into shape, sowing seeds, pricking-out seedlings, re-potting, putting up blinds, sandpapering....:(

....and now watering almost daily in the poly.

Oh, and hiding from the sheep! :o

Yesterday, despite the mud, we managed to get a load of hardwood delivered in the bottom yard, just outside the barn. Brilliant! But then I saw much of it was sized for our old wood stove....:mad:

Hours of splitting later, I was lurching about the place like Quasimodo, but the wood pile by then looked like it had doubled in size!

Naturally, now that we have plenty of wood, it's turned very warm. 16c in Ilfracombe today and I'll bet our bottom yard was a few degrees above that. Some of the trees, like the medlars, are leafing-up. That's early!

Saw an estate agent at horse Woman's place yesterday. At first I thought it was a Mormon (we don't see many suits around here! ;)) and nearly made a run for the other end of the field, but then I saw he was alone.

Apparently, HW's comfortable enough, but asleep much of the time and off with the fairies when awake.
  • lucielle
    Not doing very much then Dave
    :D
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    lucielle wrote: »
    Not doing very much then Dave
    :D
    Digging up the living room floor today. :(

The trouble is, DW knows if she suggests getting our builder back to do jobs I'm perfectly capable of, I'll be onto them straight away. :o

I don't resent paying when something is beyond my skill set, but when it's just laying a bit of concrete.....

Never mind, he's off to Oz in another week, so I'll be safe then.... for a while! :p
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'm not doing anything much other than working on my PIP Tribunal stuff from bed... Yesterday got copies of the latest evidence from Tribunal Service, we're up to 341 pages now, and just sent more off today - OH's witness statement about the assessment.

But we have dahlia tubers arrived, and OH has got pots and compost ready to plant them in.

Seem to have mislaid the sweet pea seeds again - prob in the pile of carp on OH's side of the bed, mixed in with piles of PIP paperwork.

Spuddies are chitting in kitchen.

Need to fill up root trainers with compost and get beans going, and broadies too...

Oh, and we have 2 artichoke plants to put in lottie. When can we plant spuds there? My guess is more or less now? We can always fleece ground if we get cold weather warning.

So sorry to hear news about HW Dave - but maybe best she's sleeping a lot.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    hi all

can anything else happen here !!

didn't get an answer from mum on the phone last night so assumed she was out, but left a message. when she didn't return the call I started to worry... but didn't want to roll up at 11pm and wake/scare the daylights out of her by letting myself in.. so 8am this morning rang again, no answer so shot over there and hey ho shed had a fall ! was 2 ft from the emergency chord but couldn't reach it .... turns out she fell FRIDAY EVENING !!! so been crumpled/wedged on bathroom floor for nigh on 36hrs.... called 999... she is now in hospital, corker of a black eye, wack on head, sore hip, sore shoulder, BUT no breaksthank goodness !
    alas they found a small bleed on the brain which they think caused her faint/fall in the first place so she is in the stroke unit till they can confirm wether it was the hours laid on sore side or symptoms of stroke ....
    all mum was worried about was that she was in her nightgown with NO KNICKERS on ....
    she is such a toughie !!
    im exhausted as got home 6pm and then had to ring "family" ad explain x 3 !!

and theres me thinking I was going to finally get a "do nothing" day...
  • lucielle
    Aww Alfie, hope she makes a speedy recovery. Can she not get one of those alarms that are worn as a necklace?
    L
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport