Expired Kindle Books

Options
Evening all,

Spotted a few free Kindle books on Amazon tonight that look good for money saving and self help. Not sure how long they are for so grab em while you can.

It won't let me add links so search Amazon for:

How To Be Confident

Free Stuff Everyday

Always Know What To Say

You can find them at Amazon(dot)co(dot)uk/Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store-Self-Help-How/zgbs/digital-text/362831031/ and clicking 100 free (plus tons more!)

Comments

• fatboy77
    fatboy77 Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Going Bare!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Going-Bare-ebook/dp/B009KWESJ8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1376998415&sr=1-1&keywords=going+bare

Product Description

I have always wanted to try naturism and in August 2012 I got my wish as my terrified wife and excited kids joined me as we went to a naturist resort in southern France for a few days.

This book offers a light-hearted look at our first family holiday in five years, when I persuaded them to try naturism for the first time.

The book is short - around an hour of reading - and details everything from when I first decided naturism appealed to me, to my thoughts after the holiday.
  • fatboy77
    Options
    27 (Twenty-Seven): Six Friends, One Year

http://www.amazon.co.uk/27-Twenty-Seven-Friends-Year-ebook/dp/B008NUMUK2/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1377276593&sr=1-2&keywords=27

Your 27th year is a turning point.
    Kurt Cobain. Amy Winehouse. Janis Joplin.
    They died at 27.

Six friends reunite in London. From the outside their lives are enviable; from the new father, to the rich entrepreneur to the carefree traveller. But underneath their facades they are starting to unravel. Dave is made redundant, Renee’s marriage is crumbling and Katie is forced to return home to her parents after six years abroad. In a world fuelled by social media and ravaged by recession, the friends must face up to the choices they must make to lead the lives they truly want to live.
  • fatboy77
    Options
    So Low So High

http://www.amazon.co.uk/So-Low-High-ebook/dp/B00DKCPC7Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1377341477&sr=1-1&keywords=so+low+so+high

Simon Brewster is a doomed man. If he doesn’t change his ways, he’ll never see middle, let alone old age.

He knows that most people generally don’t drink white cider for breakfast, don’t use the aisle of Tesco as a toilet and don’t steal from their family and friends.

At School the careers adviser never suggested stealing Edam balls and legs of lamb as a job and his doctor has never prescribed crack cocaine or heroin. Simon still does these things though and the worst part is, he doesn’t know anymore than you do why he continues doing it.

He’s seen his parents on their knees, crying, begging him to stop; he’s been arrested by his former best mate; he’s been hospitalized, all as a result of drug and alcohol abuse. It’s just not enough to make him stop.

Simon lies to everyone, including himself. The truth is, he has no more idea why he does the things he does than you do. What he needs is a way out. But if such a thing exists, Simon hasn't had much luck finding it. He's powerless, his life is unmanageable to the point of insanity.

This is the story of Simon Brewster’s last year using class ‘A’ drugs. Join him as he crashes his way through police cells, courtrooms and display cabinets. One way or another, Simon will stop using drugs. But can he overcome his addictions before his addictions destroy him?
  • KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CK82ZNA/?ie=UTF8&link_code=as3&camp=211163&creative=375279&creativeASIN=B00CK82ZNA&!!!!!false

"Number 1 Amazon best-seller"

Billy Stone is an ex-Marine and boxing champ living a lavish criminal lifestyle whilst on the run in Thailand. But, when a botched hijacking on the Burmese border leaves three men dead, Billy must make fresh alliances with a feared !!!!! boss, whilst trying to keep hold of a new-found love and himself out of one of the world’s toughest prisons.

"If you thought Poisoned Saints by Ben Coulter was fast paced, put your Nike's on for Keep On Running. With great research and intelligent writing, Coulter has given us another roller-coaster. This is a book that should go on your bucket list."

In this follow up to the Amazon number 1 best-seller Poisoned Saints, Billy runs head first into trouble whilst on a marijuana run inside the treacherous Burmese border. Back in Thailand, Billy is forced to make a new deal with a murderous crime lord whilst keeping Islamic terrorists and ruthless Russian gangsters at bay.

As love unsuspectingly enters his life in the form of all American girl next door, Mel, Billy struggles to keep his gang of criminal misfits in line; Che, his old Stambro friend and struggling drug addict, Nate, a former US Marine and Compton psycho and Orly, the laid-back, weed smoking Frenchman.

Can Billy keep up his affluent lifestyle whilst cultivating his new-found romance? Can Che resist the hedonistic delights of South East Asia? In the contrasting land of Buddhism and the death penalty lessons will be learnt. Billy must stay one step ahead of his past whilst out smarting the present, or be forced to Keep on Running.

5 out of 5 Stars

"Gonna keep this short and sweet... Before reading this book I'd just finished another of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels and I have to say that 'Keep on Running' was better. Much better."

5 out of 5 Stars

"Amazing second book from Ben Coulter. Funny, thrilling, moving and shocking at times. I was gripped from the start and couldn't put it down. Cannot wait to read the next one!
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Free books if you download the Nook app to your iOS or Android product.

Books are:

Red or Dead by David Pearce
    The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
    The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Magazines are:

The Simple Things
    T3

Offer ends 9th September.

http://uk.nook.com/nook-mobile-apps
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi - I purposely didn't post the above in this thread as it is for Nook readers not Kindle! I don't have a Kindle so I wouldn't look in this thread for free Nook books...
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • stevedan
    Options
    I came across Conquests by Emily Murdoch on the free offers on Kindle today -

England, 1069.

The nation is still recovering from the Norman invasion three years earlier - and adjusting to life under its sometimes brutal new rulers.

A young girl trembles in the shadows of what was once her home.

Avis is homeless and penniless, and with no family left alive she is forced to become a ward of Richard, the Norman lord who has taken her home.

But when King William decrees that Norman lords must marry Anglo-Saxon women Avis must make a terrible choice.

Either marry the repulsive Richard or take a else chance on another Norman, Melville, a man she has never met.

Soon she realises that survival in a time of turmoil and war depends of putting aide the prejudices of the past

And if she can do so, kingdoms and hearts can still be among her 'Conquests'.

'Conquests' is a brilliantly researched and involving historical drama that is perfect for fans of Alison Weir and Philippa Gregory.

'It gripped me from the first page.' - Robert Foster, best-selling author of 'The Lunar Code'.

'This novella, set right after the Norman Conquest, is very accessible to modern readers, and has a tempestuous yet sweet love story between an Anglo-Saxon and a Norman that made my heart flutter with excitement.' Andrea Zuvich, author of 'His Last Mistress'.

Emily Murdoch is a medieval historian and novelist. She lives in York.
  • stevedan
    Options
    I also came across Deadly Secrets by Gordon Bikerstaffe free on Kindle today - looks like a gripping thriller for John Grisham fans.

Gavin Shawlens is a successful lecturer.

But his world is about to be turned upside down.

An expert in biochemistry he starts work on new ground-breaking technology to revolutionise the food industry.

The top secret formula is worth a fortune - but a ruthless and powerful organisation is determined to steal it.

As sparks begin to fly between him and Emma, the girl who broke his heart twenty years ago, Gavin suddenly finds himself caught up in a violent and merciless power play – an unwitting pawn in a deadly corporate game.

Against overwhelming odds Gavin must battle to stay alive and protect his former love from an unimaginable horror.

Both are pushed to the limits in order to survive.

Will the love they have for each other pull them through? Or will they become collateral damage in the race to discover the deadly secret?

'Deadly Secrets' an all-action techno-thriller that is perfect for fans of Robert Harris and Frederick Forsyth.

'An brilliant thriller which blends together action, espionage and human drama.' Robert Foster, best-selling author of 'The Lunar Code'.

Gordon Bickerstaff was a teacher and researcher of biochemistry before becoming a writer of medical thrillers. He lives with his wife in Scotland.
  • stevedan
    Options
    I came across Death Order by Jan Needle free on Kindle today. Looks like a slick WWII - perfect for Jack Higgins fans.

Bill Wiley has seen action - some of it open, much of it covert - in many of the world's most dangerous places.

In his country's name, he has brought lives to an end, rarely expecting to understand the reasoning behind his orders.

But when he is called back from Northern Ireland for his latest assignment, his growing realisation of the toll the years have taken is finally crystallised.

For the man his paymasters want him to kill is ninety-three years old, the sole inmate of the most heavily guarded prison in the world.

They call him Rudolph Hess.

At first, Wiley refuses. Not only through revulsion, but through a sketchy awareness that the grotesquely simple order hides a deeper mystery.

Helped by Oxford historian Jane Heywood and her uncle - a wartime spy who was involved in the mysterious flights of 1941 - he unravels truths that many men have died for.

Wiley's only son, it seems, may soon be added to that number...

Jan Needle's uncompromising new novel, which draws on much hitherto unknown material, is a thriller that ranges over five decades of history to confront the unpalatable truth behind what has been called the last great mystery of World War II.

Its themes of love and corruption embrace the killers of the prisoner in Spandau and their wartime counterparts - mean and women, all, who had to do the bidding of their masters.

Praise for Jan Needle:

'Brilliant. I found myself being drawn back into that twilight world again, despite myself. I was grossly entertained and thrilled... [Jan Needle] is a rare talent.' Jimmy Boyle

'A thundering great novel. What's really amazing is how much he seems to know about so many different things...what more could you want from a thriller? A cracking good read.' Tony Parker, New Statesman & Society

'So topical...[Needle] develops a complex, ingenious plot at breakneck speed and has a sharp underdog's eye.' John McVicar, Time Out

'Compelling, vivid, racy...describes with unnerving prescience just what is going on...it will appeal equally to conspiracy and !!!!-up theorists.' Guardian

'Recalls the golden age of British investigative reporting: hard-hitting, crusading, alarming prescience.' The Times
  • stevedan
    Options
    I also came across Love & Laughter by Emma Lee-Potter free on Kindle. Looks like a sparkling rom com - perfect for Sophie Kinsella fans.

Combining three of Emma Lee-Potters best-selling novellas, 'Love and Laughter' is a funny and heart-warming collection of stories packed full of sparkling romance.

It includes -

Beach Combing

Impoverished art history student Lara Rawlinson thinks she has the perfect summer all mapped out.

She is spending the holidays in Cornwall, working for the dazzling film star Jago Dunlop. As Jago swans around film-sets and throws lavish parties, Lara is left entertaining his young son Alfie.

Then one day, sunbathing on the beach, Lara is distracted by a brilliant surfer showing off in the waves.

Inspired, she decides to take a surfing lesson and catches the eye of instructors Ed and Ollie.

But which surfer will capture her heart – smooth-talking Ollie or kind-hearted Ed?

And why are the pair at loggerheads one minute and the best of friends the next?

Lara is about to find out.

Love's Hurdles

Mimi Carter is the youngest member of the British showjumping team for London 2012.

Fiercely competitive and a brilliant rider, she’s desperate to win an Olympic gold medal in front of her home crowd.

But as injury threatens and an enigmatic old flame arrives back on the show jumping circuit, can she put her feelings to one side and realise her dream?

And can she win her man and a gold medal for her country - all in the same day?

This sparkling romantic novella mixes love, horses and the Olympic Games to create a story that is moving, funny and inspiring - and is sure to keep you hooked until the very last word.

White Christmas

Everyone dreams of a White Christmas.

But nobody dreams of one quite as much as Hal Benson.

An out-of-work actor, Hal has been hired as a stand-in weather forecaster by a ratings-chasing news channel. Hal couldn't care less whether it rains or not. It is just a job.

But then he meets Lizzie Foster. A rival weather forecaster, on a far more serious channel, Lizzie is bright, determined, fascinated by meteorology - and very, very beautiful.

She is the complete opposite of Hal.

And yet sometimes opposites attract.

After meeting at a conference - and after a spark develops between them - Lizze and Hal make a bet live on air.

Will it snow on Christmas Day?

But as the big day approaches, their relationship turns out to be as unpredictable as the weather. And sometimes as stormy.

Whilst everyone else is unwrapping presents, Hal and Lizzie are looking to the clouds for signs of snow. Will Hal and Lizzie overcome their meteorological differences - and find true love?

This collection of Emma Lee-Potter favourites is perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella, Jane Green and Jilly Cooper.

Emma Lee-Potter is a novelist and journalist. She has written three novels, Hard Copy, Moving On and Taking Sides, and is the author of House With No Name, a blog about life, books, teenagers and France.

Her books have been widely praised.

'A pacy expose… tightly written, with snappy dialogue,’ Daily Mail

‘Fast and furious,’ Daily Mirror
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills