Bounce Bounce Bounce (like tigger) to a healthier and happier you with Slimming World

Comments

• Pennylane
    Pennylane Posts: 2,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Lost just half a pound, despite upping my exercise. Still atleast it's off.

Stayed to Image Therapy tonight and I nearly fell asleep. Our consultant uses her little computer gadget and reads through every single name (and there's probably about 50 people who weigh in). So it's like "Sue?" chorus "she's gone home" "Kim?" chorus "she's gone home." She might read out 10 names until finally someone is still there, they discuss weight loss/gain and then we have another 10 or so names :eek::eek: I doubt there's 20 people who stay so you can imagine how tedious this is and just serves to highlight that people, for whatever reason, are not staying to Image Therapy.

To my mind, this is just wasting valuable time when we could be doing really positive things - like talking about syn values, swapping recipes, sharing tips etc.
  • Syn free cake wasn't that great, but I'll post the recipe anyway (loads of people on fb page love it?! 1/2 syn if using baking powder)

Sorry it's late but I didn't use quark in curry, I used natural yoghurt. Quark is a bit bitter I personally think.

42885625363069141381010.jpg
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • Pennylane wrote: »
    Lost just half a pound, despite upping my exercise. Still atleast it's off.

Stayed to Image Therapy tonight and I nearly fell asleep. Our consultant uses her little computer gadget and reads through every single name (and there's probably about 50 people who weigh in). So it's like "Sue?" chorus "she's gone home" "Kim?" chorus "she's gone home." She might read out 10 names until finally someone is still there, they discuss weight loss/gain and then we have another 10 or so names :eek::eek: I doubt there's 20 people who stay so you can imagine how tedious this is and just serves to highlight that people, for whatever reason, are not staying to Image Therapy. To my mind, this is just wasting valuable time when we could be doing really positive things - like talking about syn values, swapping recipes, sharing tips etc.

yes sounds the same as ours--its very tedious!
    and like you say the time could be put to better use....

has anyone tryed the Skinny Soup from Morrisons?
    Its made by The Glorious Food Company- One of my students said it was good so we picked some up ....its bloody lovely! Tryed the African Vegetable--and the tomato and lentil...comes in Pots--its fresh, just £1 a pot-enough for 2 good portions--0.8 fat and 84 cals a portion..havent looked it up for syns yet
    Ive tryed really hard this week--put on 1.5 lb last week--not really sure why--I had accidently been taking too many steroids for a while--and have been down to 9mg again but not sure if thats anything to do with it..
    was a bit upset to be honest.WI tomorrow at 6.30pm so fingers crossed Ive lost that and more..
    I might be crazy but I'm not stupid....
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Good morning all. Good luck to all heading towards the scales today, including me!

Busy day here so quickly popping on to post meal plan.

B, 1/4 melon and a mullerlight yog.
    L, leek and potato soup - hm. WM roll. Banana.
    T, Jacket potato, salad. pear,

Hea - milk.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • kandfs_mam
    kandfs_mam Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    yes sounds the same as ours--its very tedious!
    and like you say the time could be put to better use....

has anyone tryed the Skinny Soup from Morrisons?
    Its made by The Glorious Food Company- One of my students said it was good so we picked some up ....its bloody lovely! Tryed the African Vegetable--and the tomato and lentil...comes in Pots--its fresh, just £1 a pot-enough for 2 good portions--0.8 fat and 84 cals a portion..havent looked it up for syns yet
    Ive tryed really hard this week--put on 1.5 lb last week--not really sure why--I had accidently been taking too many steroids for a while--and have been down to 9mg again but not sure if thats anything to do with it..
    was a bit upset to be honest.WI tomorrow at 6.30pm so fingers crossed Ive lost that and more..

Gulp Diane - just looked up syns online for the soup as it sounded lovely and I thought about getting some - brace yourself...
    Azteca - 10 syns per pot on all plans
    Fragrant Thai Carrot - 9.5 syns ppoap
    Goan spiced lentil & tomato - 15 syns ppoap!!

Ouch - those hidden syns can be a killer but it could explain your gain that you weren't expecting? Sorry. xx
    Mortgage Aug 22 £280,000
    Current mortgage  £28,000

• fluff1987
    fluff1987 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Sorry it's late but I didn't use quark in curry, I used natural yoghurt. Quark is a bit bitter I personally think.

made the curry last night - was gorrrrrrrrrrrgeous! so thank you for the recipe psycho. though i had an oopsie making it. mum lifted 2% Greek yoghurt (thats all the shop had). put the yoghurt in as per the recipe, but it went kind of funny. it didnt split, but didnt look right. ahh well.... ill know better for the next time :D

ohh and oopsadaisy - id passed what you'd said to sarah about her gland thingys. think shes going to give them a phonecall first, apparently one has slightly shrunk again, but the other one is still bigger than it should be. although going on what shes told me from previous visits for things to her clinic, i would be surprised if they bother seeing her. (they lost blood results they were meant to phone her with, wouldnt give her an emergency app for 2wks for something last time etc)

ahhhh its thurrrrrrsday! its therefore nearly the weekend. YAYYY :j:j:j cant wait to have a long overdue lie in :) any plans for the weekend yourselves?
    I'd rather try and fail, than not try and never know :grin:

On the wagon again I go.... royally fell off.... 4.5st (63lb) by June 2016.... LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    kandfs_mam wrote: »
    WI was a disaster on Monday, 1.5lb on :( serves me right for having a bottle of wine on sat night on top of being away in a hotel with work for 4 nights - you just never know how they cook stuff even if you chose wisely.

Good to 'see' you, was wondering where you were! I wouldn't say 1.5 on is a disaster; in fact with eating hotel food that's not bad, plus you know you can get it off once you're back making your own food :)
    stef240377 wrote: »
    Good evening all. I really am late in posting today as woke up stupidly early cos of daughter going to work and instead of the usual nod back to sleep thought no im getting up. So there it started. Had a bath, come down cooked a full english for hubby and i. Soon cleared it up and then went on a mad blitz of the living room. Sorted out all my husbands books on the huge Ikea cube unit we have, moved the sofas around while vaccuming and steam cleaning floors. Cleaned both of the windows. Washed the vertical blinds. Put everything back and now waiting for tea to cook. Should have a good bit of body magic in there too with stepping up and down to hang each individual slat.

That sounds like a fair bit of exercise, plus you put me to shame - my house is an absolute state (I blame the fact that we're still renovating but even so :o)
    We were told use them or lose the Stef - no doubling up on HEA if you don't have HEB, and no rolling over to next day like you can with syns. Sorry. x

Yep, that's what we've been told too.

Any sign of MedMum recently?

Green today:
    B: Weetabix (B), milk (A), banana
    L: Hubby's whisking me away to the canteen for a JP, beans and salad, the old romantic :rotfl:
    T: L/O spag bol (HEB for bacon), cheese (A)
    S: Pear, pitta bread (6), Rocky (5.5)

Have a good day folks :)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • fluff1987 wrote: »
    made the curry last night - was gorrrrrrrrrrrgeous! so thank you for the recipe psycho. though i had an oopsie making it. mum lifted 2% Greek yoghurt (thats all the shop had). put the yoghurt in as per the recipe, but it went kind of funny. it didnt split, but didnt look right. ahh well.... ill know better for the next time :D

Strange. I wasn't too sure about it, so just stirred the yoghurt through just before serving. Glad you enjoyed it :) It's not a korma but it's pretty tasty!
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • Blodwen
    Blodwen Posts: 841 Forumite
    Gulp Diane - just looked up syns online for the soup as it sounded lovely and I thought about getting some - brace yourself...
    Azteca - 10 syns per pot on all plans
    Fragrant Thai Carrot - 9.5 syns ppoap
    Goan spiced lentil & tomato - 15 syns ppoap!!

Ouch - those hidden syns can be a killer but it could explain your gain that you weren't expecting? Sorry. xx

That's odd, our consultant was talking about them on Monday and she said at least one of them (think it may have been carrot) was 1.5 or 2 syns per pot or at most per half pot- I think she needs to double check!
    Syn free cake wasn't that great, but I'll post the recipe anyway (loads of people on fb page love it?! 1/2 syn if using baking powder)

I made it a few months ago and wasn't too impressed but it made a decent swiss roll- the fact that it doesn't rise is less important then I think. I filled it with sweetened Quark and mixed berries and it was quite nice :)
    2011: [STRIKE]Houses[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]weddings[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]cats[/STRIKE]
    2012: [STRIKE]Start renovating new house (aka open enormous can of worms)[/STRIKE] _pale_
    2013: [STRIKE]Lose weight[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]get fit[/STRIKE] and FINISH THE HOUSE!

Weight loss - Apr '12 -Sept '13: 95lb
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,164 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Was out on my trike yesterday :)
    Twice in a week :eek: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure