PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Fastline Legal Service SL

We purchased an off-plan property in Spain through MRI (property agent/developer) in 2008 as an rental income. The completion was grossly late, they did not include all of the facilities promised like jaccuzis and fountain features. The build was of an inferior quality and basic. We have had to pay for replacement shutters and for the kitchen cuboards to be repaired on 2 occasions. The property maintenence agents have increased the fee from £330 upto £710. We were promised a rental return of 8% that never materialised and in the current market cannot sell. We constantly complained to MRI but they made excuse after excuse. We were contacted by a law firm in Spain last December, Fastline Legal Service SL, who said that we had been mis-led and MRI had failed in their contract. We are very wary after our bad experience, not only with this company but also through our timeshare ownership. We checked their crudentails and those of the lawyer which all come up ok, and so far all seems ok. We recently read though that the owner of MRI will not be tried for criminal offences such as fraud as there is not enough evidence. Fastline Legal Service Sl say that is true so we can only get any compensation based on failings in the contract and mis-selling which at least will give us some money back. Can anyone explain to us the difference. The owner of MRI has gained millions from mis-leading people he should be accountable for more than taking us all for a ride. There are many affected.

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
  • Wow! Thank you, I was very surprised to have such a quick response. I think the link has answered our question in that we would have to make an official complaint to the authorities and wait an investigation. I'm not so sure now that what happened to us would be classed as fraud. We will wait the outcome of the mis-sold case.
    After I posted my question I did continue to browse the web and found that someone else has used this company and wrote under the title "MacAnthony Reality Estate, MRI" on Money Saving Expert and I have replied to that also.
    Another question, we own weeks at the Hollywood Mirage in Tenerife. Can we make a claim for mis-selling here in the UK using the 1974 C.C.act through the payment made on our credit card. Hollywood Mirage promised to sell the additional weeks that they sold to us as an investment but they did nothing and we are now stuck with high maintenence fees. This was about 5-6 years ago. Any help would be appreciated
  • bigmarkie
    bigmarkie Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 3 March 2013 at 12:57AM
    more posts on the link above by G_M :T
  • Hi Big Markie. I have posted to you on the other thread as I'm not sure which one you are signed to. I have received the statements showing payments made to MRI from my previous credit card company. I'm hoping that its enough for them to take on my case as well. how is your case going?
  • Hi,

I to have been contacted by this company telling me I can get my lost £25K deposit back from MRI's funds that have been seized by the courts in Spain.Of course they want £950 up front for the fees and will charge 5% when I get paid out.
    It all sounds too good to be true and it seems like a few people on this forum agree.My fear is that this is just another scam on the basis that if it sounds too good to be true it more than likely is!.
  • Hello ,

Just joined this forum as I have been cold called and approached by a very Helpful contact with Fast Line Legal, promising me some money I lost through MRI... provided I pay legal costs up front. Is this a scam?? Please advise
  • I have also been approached by Fastline Legal regarding a property in Bansko. Bulgaria. I paid MRI a substantial deposit but had to forfeit the deposit because I would not complete the sale. There were numerous reasons for not completing which I will not go into, suffice to say the property was miss sold. Any how, Fastline claim, that through the courts, they can have our deposit returned if we pay €950 for translation and notary fees. Is this too good to be true?
  • I too got a call from Fast Line and was about to send off all the proof I have of €9400 costs associated with legal fees and reservation deposits on MRI property in Pirin Suites in Bansko. A quick google check before I sent the email revealed that the FCA have noted it as not authorised by them. So that's a NO then! pity a legitimate company could not fight our corner on this issue.
  • Hello Carol and Lisa. It is me my account got closed I think because I never use it. Unfortunately I am quite ill at the moment but I did hear from Fastline legal Services 2 weeks ago and they have confirmed that my case has won and that I should hear about receiving compensation within 8 weeks. This has come at the right time as I can now concentrate on getting better. I will let you know as soon as I get my money.
  • dimbo61
    dimbo61 Posts: 13,716 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I hope people get there money back but please do not hold your breath
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business