External Water Leak - Whos responsible? Water Authority or me?

aquamac
aquamac Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 8 June 2010 at 10:07AM in Water bills
Hello team,

i have a water leak, house cellar is constantly flooding, have isolated internal stopcock but water still leaking, i can hear a faint rushing noise under the kitchen units. Its an old property and i cant find the external stopcock i am fairly convinced the leak is between the external and internal stopcocks or poss between the main and the external (if only i could find it).

Question is at what point is the leak my responsibility and at what point the water companies? Also i have heard if the pipework needs replacing (lead) then the water company will stump up £100 towards the cost, is this true.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received, also even to do with locating the external stopcock.

Many Thanks
Mac

Comments

• DVardysShadow
    DVardysShadow Posts: 18,949 Forumite
    Demarcation point is usually the external stopcock. If it is an old property, the external stopcock may control a branch main to several properties
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • You are responsible for your supply line, ie where your supply pipe branches off from the main. Sounds like it is going to be your problem sadly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure