Round and round the overdraft....soon to be no more

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm absolutely shattered after about 4 hours sleep last night! Early night for me I think

I've looked at my finances for July today and I've paid £340 towards my debt. With the rest of my bills coming out I should have about £650 left. This is manegable I think and hopefully I'll be able to pay some of my overdraft off.

Extras this month
    100 Euros for my son, he's going to Paris for 4 days with school
    40 Euros for us as we (me & my 2 sons are going to Spain) at the end of July. I already have 60 euros and we're going All Inclusive so not a lot of extras to pay for

£45 for my hair colour + cut
    £25 for my nails (then am not going again after this)
    £20 for 2 presents for 2 ladies that work with me in my classroom - I already have a bottle of wine so just need to add to that - could be £15
    £60 for the carpet fitter - fitting bedroom carpet & bathroom vinyl
    £20 for paint as painting my sons room whilst he's in Paris

I've got £40 in my paypal account from ebay sales and that may go up as I have other items on there still so that can go towards something, or pay off a debt

I've saved £150 too. Today is NSD 3 and I've only been doing it since the 18th June.

Feeling positive and on track!
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    You have been busy, working and DIY you must be looking forward to your holiday :)
  • louby40
    Not started the decorating yet, I ripped the bathroom carpet up and now need to buy pain. Painting the bathroom first. My OH is helping me.

Yes I'll be ready for my holiday. I've saved all year for it.
  • louby40
    First time I've bought something since I began my journey.

I spent £23 on a £4 bottle of wine, some suntan lotion, paint rollers and a scraper for filling holes.

I felt terrible buying these things....lol. I do still have £7 in my purse from some cash I drew out the other day.

Tomorrow is 1st July. Hoping to get 10 NSD in July!
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    You shouldn't feel bad buying something, especially items like that. Refusing to spend anything isn't 'living' at all, I say that from experience.

Good luck with the NSD's!
  • louby40
    Bit more spending this weekend! Strange how it worries me now, I'm consciously thinking about every £

I spent £57 in Aldi and then £6 in Morrisons so slightly over my £60 budget. I also bought £47 of paint, brushes etc to start my decorating with.

On the plus side I sold a surround sound system/DVD player on my local Facebook page for £45, plus 2 pieces of furniture for £43. I also sold stuff on eBay amounting to £20. So pretty good. All of this is going to pay off my overdraft. Once I'm totally out of the red I'll start paying off my credit card.

It's such a good feeling being in control. I'm putting everything into my spending app and tracking every pound
  • louby40
    Yesterday was my first NSD, I want to try and get 10 this month.

I'm feeling pretty confident that I may not even dip into my overdraft this month now, the eBay selling and the £100 for switching accounts have really made a difference. Staying in the black is my TOP priority for July and August. Hopefully I should have a buffer by then and can start with the CC.

My son is having his hair cut today so that's £8, plus I know we need milk. 3 litres gone since Saturday! Boys:eek: they are like locusts!!

Have a good Tuesday everyone
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    I found it was all about getting the SOA to balance was the key to it all, your doing amazing it took me 6 months of rejigging the budget to take in account for the little things like the husband hair cuts are every 6/8 weeks where I can stretch it out for 4/5 months.

You're off and running :)
  • louby40
    Had to spend a bit more today. £4 for a Zumba class and had to draw £50 out as I'm going to London with my OH. We do this quite a lot so I need to budget for this from now on as this is one of the causes of me being overdrawn.

We usually stay in a Travelodge which costs us £60 for one night and have got a 2 together railcard which makes the train cheaper. But it still comes to nearly £100 (£50 between us) then we will eat out and see a show. This weekend (well Frid/Saturday as we're only staying one night) is all paid for but I need to definitely plan this in now.

I'm still in the black so far and the switch to a new account has gone well.
  • louby40
    Second NSD! Yay!

Got a busy weekend ahead in London for 24 hours at a festival. Got to buy food and drinks but have accounted for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure