Mini meltdown and light bulb moment

Comments

• AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Good luck with everything. Your diary is only a couple of days older than mine and you're the first I have subscribed to. Maybe we can keep each other motivated.

Deb xx

Definitely Deb, I will be heading over to your diary and subscribing. Good luck!
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi AleMrsT, found you and subscribed :) You're doing great so far!
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • AleMrsT
    edited 10 November 2014 at 11:07PM
    So, I heard from a recruiter today about a job vacancy in my village. Even though it's technically more hours than I do now, it will be a shorter week and shorter days,because I now leave the house at 8.10 and get home after 6 most days, because it's in the village I'll be leaving home at the same time as I do now, but I'll be home at least an hour earlier, and I won't be doing 6 day weeks at all. Same salary, more holidays, company pension and bonus scheme, I don't get any of that now. The recruiter is contacting them to discuss my medical needs and will let me know if they will consider me. OH has said to go for it, the benefits outweigh the fact that it is still full time, and it means I won't have to reduce my wage. More importantly, it's a 2 minute walk so no £2.50 a day bus fare spend.
    Something to think about.
    In other news, nipped to the small supermarket in town to get, and I quote, 'potatoes, an onion, washing up liquid and frozen chips'. A basket full later and purse is £37 lighter. OH just can't help himself getting yogurts, biscuits and just rubbish we don't need! I can't do the shopping on my own, I don't have the energy to carry everything by myself.
    So I'm not happy. Nothing else spent though and least we have snacks for the car journey on Friday and I have more soup and beans for work lunches.
  • AleMrsT
    misstara wrote: »
    Hi AleMrsT, found you and subscribed :) You're doing great so far!

Thanks misstara, I spent ages reading through your entire diary, and I then wrote out a meal plan, which was ok until I went shopping with OH, and I have decided to track how much I spend each day. Thanks for visiting!
  • AleMrsT
    So, balances as at today's date (getting a bit obsessed with checking, for someone who had to blow dust off the online banking card reader.....)

N CC £2402.35
    Loan £1750.07
    O/Draft £930.20
    H CC £1891.80
    Total £6974.42

Nothing spent at the hospital, was in and out within half an hour so free parking! Woop.
  • Many sympathies - I have a partner that fills our trolley with crap. Its like shopping with a toddler :-P
    Debts (11/11/2015):

Credit Cards (0%) £5640
    O/D £460
    Sofa £275
    Monthly Spends: Food £71.87 Extras £27.65
  • AleMrsT
    The recruiter emailed me again today about the job, the company can't accommodate the frequency of my hospital appointments and potential sickness absense because they already have staff on college days etc, which is why they are looking to recruit in the first place.
    Ah well. At least they've said they'll keep my details on file.
    I feel utterly useless, like I'd just be a burden so there's no use employing me. I know I'm over reacting but it's so frustrating!
    No spends to report today.
  • Surely they can't rule you out just because of your medical issue, that's discrimination?

Something better will come along, positive thinking.

Mm
    Proud to be dealing with my debts :T

Avid YNAB user :)
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Sorry to hear about the job. Something else will come along which will suit you much better. :T for the NSD.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • Good luck - now subscribed :j x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport