PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

New Year, New Plans and Hopes

Comments

• eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    eandjsmum wrote: »
    Right Mine will be based on not wasting time. So no vegging out in frount of the tele.
    1. Keep the Garden neat try to grow more veg.
    2 Knit up all the wool I have - No buying more wool.
    3 Finish off all projects that I have started.
    4 Continue to keep the clutter down.
    5 Use the GYM more or in Summer WALK more.
    If possible arrange swimming lessons.

I have found out about swimming lessons today. I start next Monday.

I have brought a new swimsuit specially.http://static.moneysavingexpert.com/images/forum_smilies/sport-smiley-001.gif
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Today there is one bag ready for the cs and I have been on the x- trainer. Went to Li*l's and only bought the things I needed, I spent just over £13. :T. Bought a few pairs of socks with my Xmas money, luckily my feet are so small I can get away with kid's socks :rotfl:. They worked out much cheaper than adult ones and I didn't spend the rest of the money on stuff I didn't need either. So some more baby steps taken.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well I've reconnected my Wii so I'm back stepping whilst viewing , need to find my pedometer as I know I don't do the recommend steps daily. I've a job where whilst I'm on my feet all day and there's plenty of heavy lifting, there's very little walking around ( small working area, everything is no further then ten steps away)

Oh and not a drop touched my lips today :). Seeing as I've still got two bottles of baileys that's really good going for me :)
  • eandjsmum
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Well I've reconnected my Wii so I'm back stepping whilst viewing , need to find my pedometer as I know I don't do the recommend steps daily. I've a job where whilst I'm on my feet all day and there's plenty of heavy lifting, there's very little walking around ( small working area, everything is no further then ten steps away)

Oh and not a drop touched my lips today :). Seeing as I've still got two bottles of baileys that's really good going for me :)

Thanks Suki I was given a free pedometer last year I must get it out.
    Went to gym yesterday and have cooked a dinner from scratch and done 2 loads of washing since getting home.
  • I really will, wholeheartedly cont8nue to de-clutter. This year I dabbled in the easy to de-clutter stuff and now I need to continue to remove the “stuff” from my house.
    I want to reduce expenditure without missing out on fun and experiences.

Hi everyone,

Blackcatsx2,
    I have been ‘dabbling’ in decluttering for nearly three years now - my excuses for not doing a proper declutter are that I have to take a bus to get to the cs or have to wheedle my DH into making trips to the tip (quite difficult as we only have a motorbike! No car). Fortunately for large items I can contact the council - they will take 5 items at no cost. Also this year have managed to find a charity that does pick ups but only if you have lots of stuff!

This year I have until the end of March to completely declutter & my DH to decorate, as my DSis is moving in for an unspecified amount of time.

So my plans for 2018 are:

1. Complete declutter of stuff
    2. Redecorate at least five rooms
    3. Use up freezer, fridge & larder contents so I can start from scratch
    4. Do more baking
    5. Be more inventive in my cooking

I think that is enough to be going on with and as far as no.4 I have baked on 2nd & 3rd of January & plan to bake today (DH very appreciative but not his waistline!)

Thanks JackieO for starting this thread.

Will pop in again at the end of the month to update on my progress.

Good luck to us all and sending positive vibes into the ether!

Mrs SD:)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    well done chums for getting on board I have been decluttering like crazy this week and I am so pleased as I didn't realise how much unnecessary junk had accumulated in just one room. Lat two boxes of paperwork to do this morning then its on to my spare room which is 'chuck-it-in' junk heaven

Onwards and upwards chums well done suki in getting motivated and to all of you who are getting the incentive to get up and do something different baby steps will get us all there and if its not done today there is always tomorrow when twice as much will be done :):):)

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I've not started the de clutter yet, that purely because it's taking all my spare time this week to get the house back to 'normal' after the Christmas and New Year after having a house full for both occasions

Also my sleep is away to pot so feeling lethargic and it's using all my reserves to get into work ATM.

Still today is day three without a drink, the longest I've gone in at least a year. That's probably why my sleep is away to pot, my normal relaxant is no more.

Mrs salad dodger, good luck with the freezer emptying, I've been at it since start of November and still having to play freezer Tetris :) I think I'm going to have to ease off on my refusal to throw food away, there's just not enough days in a year to eat it all. If it really is only a single portion left over or the one sausage , if no one eats it for lunch the next day, it's going ( there's 3 of us here)

I did de clutter the fridge - straight into the freezer :D

Next week I'm going to make a start in the corner of my bedroom. It's meant to be bookshelves with books , I decluttered the books a while back and now the shelves have become a dumping ground for all sorts of things that either need a permanent home or rehoming

That's the plan, hopefully now I've said I'll do it, I will

Sending everyone positive thoughts xx
  • eandjsmum
    Left the first of my to be completed projects by the sofa , can be doing it bit by bit when News is on.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    2018. And operation fun has started well.

Have spent lots of time with family and friends. Catching up with them and just reengaging with friends I had not seen for a while. I am so fortunate to have so many wonderful people in my life. I had to put that side of my life on hold whilst dealing with my grief and some personal issues. So I did sideline some friends for a while but they understood and are now glad to have me back.

So this year is all about reconnecting with them and also things that make me happy. No more looking back on sorrow, but looking forward and building my new happy and fulfilled life. As frugally as possible of course. :rotfl:

Well today the big one......

My Amazon Adventure, starts today. Driving down to my friends and then travel down together to Tilbury tomorrow to pick up the ship.

Excited and just a tad nervous. Wish me luck. :rotfl:

Be back in six weeks or so.
  • Well today the big one......

My Amazon Adventure, starts today. Driving down to my friends and then travel down together to Tilbury tomorrow to pick up the ship.

Excited and just a tad nervous. Wish me luck. :rotfl:

Be back in six weeks or so.

Good luck. Have a fab time. I'm sure you will!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure