This Duo's debt free journey

Comments

• A lot of my spending in the past was emotional, clothes to give me confidence etc. Now I get emotional about wanting my debts to be gone :o

I don't think a small splurge now and then is too bad, it's important to factor in a few treats when you are working hard. Especially if you can make the money back on ebay :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thank you Hairy. I intend on making as much back on eBay as I can.

Anyone who has nectar points, sains are doing a double up offer! Upto £40 in each category, covers pretty much everything except food and alcohol. I'm feeling very thankful for saving up my nectar points as I can now exchange £20 of points for a £40 voucher to spend on clothing! I don't think I need anything from any of the other categories.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • I saw that post about santa too. I think it makes sense otherwise some children will feel like Santa is not favouring them and thinking they have done something wrong. I wish I could give more to these children to show them they are very much good and deserve things as much as the next person. I do give to the charity Cash for Kids as they buy everyone a christmas present to ensure that they are not left out.

They're £65 for the ones she wants. You get to teach it all different things so she is saying she wants it. She has to want the most popular pink one as well.

He said he will buy it so I will send him the link. I tried to buy it with Tesco vouchers earlier, at least to lower the money down, but it was out of stock.

Th nectar points is fab, at least you get a lot more clothes! Either for you of DS. XX
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Oh that is a shame you couldn't use your vouchers. Yeah I've been saving my nectar points up resisting the urge to spend them for ages and now I'm really glad I have, you can double up against toys, clothing, homeware, seasonal, electrical or entertainment up to 4000 points in each category. Will definitely allow myself a treat and could potentially finish off DS's clothes for when he moves up a size. Will have a look if its worth getting any Christmas presents to finish off the list, I have £55 in nectar points so could double this up to £100 across all categories.
  • That'll massively help with Christmas and clothes for the little ones. They grow so quickly when they are little. Every few months they need a new wardrobe!

Starting afresh.

• DebtFreeDuo
    Thankfully DS doesn't seem to grow very much, this summer he was still wearing last summers clothes and I haven't really had to buy him any clothes for about a year, I have used this time to buy the odd thing in the next size so that I don't have to find the money for a whole new wardrobe although now he's at school he barely wears any of his own clothes.
  • That's good. My little one has small feet that grows roughly every 8 months. That has helped massively not having to buy her new shoes every two months.

Starting afresh.

• DebtFreeDuo
    Had a day out with DS today, not including the fuel total spends were £14.30 which included entry. Had a wonderful day with him and it wasn't too costly.

On the plus side (financially) when we got back home I had received a letter telling me I will be receiving the warm home discount this year. My energy company pay it in stages, first payment to be credited next month. I have now deducted £50 from my budget for gas for the first part of next year so will go less into the overdraft.
  • That's fab about the warm home. You must feel quite relieved about that. I know I would be!

Starting afresh.

• DebtFreeDuo
    I am, I was worrying a little about the amount of electric I had left on the meter but now I don't have to worry about it at all, its a huge relief.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure