PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete

Comments

• Hou
    Hou Posts: 44 Forumite
    Glad to see lots of movemment for people and that those that are in are happy (other than a sky dish)

We got an offer from virgin media yesterday via TW, they are offering 3 months free without contract of their top TV/Phone/BB package as it is already wired into the houses

Also, I get to go into my house tomorrow and sunday to lay the flooring, so hopefully I can get it done and dusted so that when we move in there is a lot less to worry about :)
  • Hi Tygermoth, I have recently just moved into my new build and the process can certainly be daunting as so many things can and will go wrong. One of things we had decided on was switching to renewable energy to try and do our bit for the environment and we had air source heat pumps installed and we are delighted we made that decision as our fuel costs are much lower. Here is the company we used and they were fantastic on offering us advise right up to the installation process AltecRenewables.com
  • How is everyone getting on?

We are still waiting for our property to be signed off. Apparently this all that is holding us up as the developer says it's finished.

I don't know whether this actually means it went to sign off and failed ? Or for the last month they are just getting annoyed with my constant chasing and think I'll be fobbed off with this answer.

In theory we should be completing end of this month, but nothing is ever certain with new builds and dates. So still waiting....frustrating... annoying

I cannot believe how frustrating it is, I just want to get the completion date officially.
  • Hou
    How is everyone getting on?

We are still waiting for our property to be signed off. Apparently this all that is holding us up as the developer says it's finished.

I don't know whether this actually means it went to sign off and failed ? Or for the last month they are just getting annoyed with my constant chasing and think I'll be fobbed off with this answer.

In theory we should be completing end of this month, but nothing is ever certain with new builds and dates. So still waiting....frustrating... annoying

I cannot believe how frustrating it is, I just want to get the completion date officially.
    Completely feel you pain, we have been pushing hard for a date and finally got 29th as it will be totally finished with their home quality checks on the 15th. I have tasked my solicitor with bringing it forward to the 22nd which he has said TW are confident in, but haven't properly confirmed yet :mad:
  • Hou wrote: »
    Completely feel you pain, we have been pushing hard for a date and finally got 29th as it will be totally finished with their home quality checks on the 15th. I have tasked my solicitor with bringing it forward to the 22nd which he has said TW are confident in, but haven't properly confirmed yet :mad:

Uhhh I know, the sales office at my TW site just make me mad. They say things like you have to wait for your 10 days notice for a move in date and then they say 100% it's going to be end of the month. I just don't trust them, it needs to come from the solicitor.

I am up against my longstop date so in theory if they fail to be finished again this month, then I can walk away but after all this waiting I just want to move in.

Hope you get the 22nd, I guess you will know by start of next week if it will that date if you are on 10 days notice too with TW?
  • Hou
    Its 10 days notice from the house being released and the NHBC covernote being supplied. Ours is due to be supplied on the 15th so 10 working days takes me to 29th. I don't think we will know for certain until the 15th sadly.

Our sales office led us on thinking it could be around easter and when it wasn't I got an email saying it would be realistically the first two weeks of April.
  • Hou wrote: »
    Its 10 days notice from the house being released and the NHBC covernote being supplied. Ours is due to be supplied on the 15th so 10 working days takes me to 29th.

Ah yeah that makes sense then. This is what we are waiting on. It's been happening *this week* for the last 3 weeks or so. Maybe they will do mine on the 15th too !!! fingers crossed for us both !
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    visidigi wrote: »
    Went in to see mine today about the valuation. They are looking into it and said they would pay for a second opinion from their preferred valuation provider. *giggles*

So will wait for that and then we'll start negotiation...

First up offer is in - flooring pack for the entire house...

Not a bad start ;)
  • Hou
    Ah yeah that makes sense then. This is what we are waiting on. It's been happening *this week* for the last 3 weeks or so. Maybe they will do mine on the 15th too !!! fingers crossed for us both !
    TW have a build plan, if you speak to the site manager you might get more sense out of them, ours has been very helpful
  • Hi all from my last day in sunny Akumal, Mexico! It has been lovely being on hols knowing we have mortgage offer sorted (hopefully..nothing else can go wrong that end can it?) Now I am itching to find out how far along the house is and want to get in there. Surveyors were told end of April which was a shock we thought June...still quite relaxed about it but terribly excited and hoping nothing gone wrong the last two weeks we have been away.

Baxter and Hou great to see you are in ! Tygermoth..is it fate perhaps? Visidigi keep pushing them we got flooring thrown in on a whim my impression was it was not costing company v much ..our is only vinyl and cheap carpet though.

Interesting to read people's views on buying a New Build. Like many of you I did not want to spend hours doing up a house or sorting a garden. My husband works shifts so two weekends a month is not around ..family time is precious. Daughter has just started secondary so we have to make most of it before she gets too stroppy! Am also hoping there will be other kids on the estate she make friends with. Very glad we are not in a chain too.

Flying back tomorrow so guess will get in Sunday morning and see what post we have to open..then think about packing and cluttering (anyone else doing Konmari)
    pennyprincess - getting more for less:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport