IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

POPLA Appeal (ECP) - Submitted - awaiting response

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    MikeHammer wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm seeking clarification on the question from above, specifically:

Thank you!

explained in post #15 here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5756287
  • Bit of an update to say I've now submitted the first phase appeal to ECP. I've been busy reading lots and lots of threads on this forum, including the POPLA appeals decisions thread and the background to everyone's appeal. I've been trying to get my facts straight about the various aspects of this and have spent lots of time collating a substantial amount of information for the inevitable POPLA appeal of which I hope to post my first draft for people's comment early next week.

I've also fired off an email to the Council's Planning Department about Planning Permission for the ANPR cameras (or, more specifically, the pole that they're mounted to) as I found the original application for the car park and there is no mention of cameras or the pole to which they're attached, nor have there been any applications since that I can find. I've also asked about Advertising Consent for ECP's signage.

I will post here next week for comments. I've gone with the approach of putting lots in, some of which you'll probably tell me I need to remove, on the grounds that if it's there you can tell me to keep it/remove it whereas if it's not there it's less likely someone's going to say "include a section on xx" (if that makes sense!

I must say, this whole experience has been pretty interesting and has generated a real interest in the subject (is that sad?!)! In fact, my wife said someone in her office is about to pay a fine and I reeled off a stack of reasons why not to and things to check, all of which I've learned from you guys and your brilliantly helpful contributions to this forum so thank you.

Thanks everyone :)
  • MikeHammer
    MikeHammer Posts: 50 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2017 at 9:49AM
    Whilst I'm awaiting the inevitable rejection from ECP I've put together my POPLA appeal and would very much appreciate any feedback/comments you have to offer.

NOTE::
    • I’m not leaving the red text in – it’s a reminder to me that I need to do something with that part of the document.
    • The formatting will be sorted before submitting.
    • Also I’m not linking to the MoneySavingExpert forums at any point – again, just a reminder for myself.

I'd appreciate feedback on the whole thing but specific questions I have are around:
    1. Inclusion of section 3 (evidence that individual is the driver)?
    2. Include image taken from where car was parked showing inadequacy of signage? Or would this implicate me as the driver?
    3. Do sections 1 and 2 contradict themselves? Specifically section 1 talks about time taken to locate signage, read it and leave whereas section 2 quotes case law where a motorist didn’t see any signs.
    4. Ordering of sections based on strength of evidence.

Thank you in advance.
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    You need to ensure that the POPLA appeal document you are linking has all sensitive information redacted (blanked out).
    Things like the registration of your car.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,538 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Page 14, first para, second sentence should start:
    I am the keeper throughout...
  • KeithP wrote: »
    Page 14, first para, second sentence should start:
    I am the keeper throughout...

Thank you 👍🏼
    claxtome wrote: »
    You need to ensure that the POPLA appeal document you are linking has all sensitive information redacted (blanked out).
    Things like the registration of your car.

Oops - schoolboy error.. have pulled the Dropbox file until I can amend the PDF tomorrow. Thank you for pointing this out.

Will repost the link tomorrow.
  • Right... change suggested by KeithP made, sensitive info redacted, link to PDF reinstated into original post.

Would appreciate people looking and providing any comments, particularly around the things I mention in my previous post.

Thank you :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Bump for comments...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Would be very grateful if anyone of you could take the time to look through my POPLA appeal and provide comments...

Would it generate more feedback if I were to paste the entire thing here to save people having to open the PDF?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    As your initial appeal hasn’t even been rejected by the PPC, and you don’t have a POPLA verification code yet, I’d guess that the scarce resource here will be dealing with cases that are further forward in the need for immediate assistance and action.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport