PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• Mardle
    Mardle Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    clint_S wrote: »
    Tell me about it around my area £625K buys you things like this http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66028772.html

How about this 4 flats AND 4 townhouses for less than one London flat!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48866097.html
  • greyfox
    greyfox Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Cloudydaze wrote: »

" The green open spaces of Wandsworth Common are also close by"
    but not quite as close by as HMP Wandsworth!
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    .. and the bathroom floor doesnt show any adaptation to allow for what happens to the water run-off from it (no matter how carefully "aimed" there must be some).

I had a feeling it was for cleaning down under, but find the idea very amusing as I have the same shower fitting with trigger, that is marketed as a dog shower and ,on a couple of occasions, have tested the water temperature, only to have the spout pointing upwards so it squirted over the ceiling....Now imagine that while directing the spray out of sight; not very hygienic.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Could even be a white Brit who went on holiday to Dubai and thought their way of cleaning bums was better!

I think it's a great idea.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    GDB2222 wrote: »

Have you ever tried a Japanese style toilet? Now that's a revelation!
  • DumbMuscle
    DumbMuscle Posts: 244 Forumite
    Have you ever tried a Japanese style toilet? Now that's a revelation!
    And a hell of a surprise if you accidentally lean on the panel while using it... (Not my experience thankfully, but I could hear the screams from my hotel room, which was a few doors down from the unfortunate soul)
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,203 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    GDB2222 wrote: »

It is. And they wouldn't have to go as far as Dubai, they're very common in Turkey.

I plan to have one if/when I can afford to give my bathroom a makeover
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Yes, with the trend towards smaller houses with multiple facilities, it makes more sense than a bidet.

Or could be they used cloth nappies with their kids - easy to spray the poop off with one of those - that's why we have one!
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2017 at 2:44PM
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I had a feeling it was for cleaning down under, but find the idea very amusing as I have the same shower fitting with trigger, that is marketed as a dog shower and ,on a couple of occasions, have tested the water temperature, only to have the spout pointing upwards so it squirted over the ceiling....Now imagine that while directing the spray out of sight; not very hygienic.

My thought was that, if I left it in place (doubtful.....:cool:) I'd use it for foot-washing or footwear-washing. Done over the loo - for the water to go down there.

But - being somewhere semi-rural now - I've got waterbutts around and use them instead for rinsing off muddy footwear before coming indoors. The waterbutts would do as well for just washing my feet - if I didnt mind it being cold:eek:

Might come in handy for dog-washing too? Though, personally, if I had a dirty dog on my hands - I'd just put them in my walk-in shower and turn it on.
  • Ocelot
    Ocelot Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    clint_S wrote: »
    Tell me about it around my area £625K buys you things like this http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-66028772.html

That's huge for the money.

Looks like something Harry Enfields' Brummie character might live in - 'considerably richer than yow'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure