IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Business Centre "Claim Form" from UKCPS

sidk01
sidk01 Posts: 16 Forumite
Hello guys! HELP!

I am the named driver of a vehicle that got 2 'parking charges' for not having a permit to park where it shouldnt have. I have notified UKCPS MANY times when i kept getting harrassed with all these letters. I had even rung them and gave them the address and name of the driver who got the tickets. I got no responses.

Today I got a letter from UKCPS and its a claim form in the county court business centre. I have a total amount of £175. I was away therefore my daugher had rung UKCPS up and there was a very unprofessional lady on the phone. She didnt say her name and she never asked the identity of my daughter but continued to ask the PCN number and talk about it. My daughter had told them we have recieved a 'court letter' although it doesnt look very real. She told the lady that we have sent many letters stating the drivers real address and name, however they still continued to send letters. At first she denied any letters have come and my daughter said they were signed for via royal mail. She said "ah yes we got it 2 days ago", she was clearly caught out! and when my daughter proved her wrong she said i cant talk to you about this i need to talk to the named driver which is obviously me. My daughter said you just told me confidential information about UKCPS getting a letter from me 2 days ago, and she could get in trouble for that so how dare she play the confidential card now.

Anyway! My daughter said my father himself has wrote to you, is that not ENOUGH proof to NOT harass us with court letters and send them to the actual driver. She carrried on using the excuse "i cannot talk to you about it" currently on holiday and UKCPS are closed so will be talking to them tomorrow. Any ideas on what wil happen with the court claim form? seems fake but just dont want any CCJ on my credit history or is it too late?

Thans in advance everyone

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 June 2017 at 7:55PM
    chances are the claim from is from the CCBC at Northampton (NOT from ukcps at all) and is extremely real and you should take it seriously

I assume it has the name of the RK on it in which case that person should follow post #2 of the NEWBIES sticky thread and acknowledge it online after logging in to their website with the court claim reference

you are the named KEEPER, not the named driver, hence why YOU recieved the letter

do not enter anything in the defence box

this extends the time for adding a defence to 28 days , so about 33 days from the date on the letter

dont bother ringing UKCPS up any more, its the court claim you need to be dealing with now , so you dont get a default judgment or a CCJ

and edit your post into paragraphs so people can actually read it peoperly , thanks
  • sidk01
    could u proved a link to te newbies thread please
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I got a letter from UKCPS and its a claim form in the county court business centre.
    Same as all the others then, read a few threads, search for 'UKCPS defence'. We haven't seen anyone lose on here but it takes a bit of work on your part.

What did you learn from the court defence section in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread, for newbies to read first?
    sidk01 wrote: »

No, sorry. It's back where you clicked 'new thread'. You were looking at it. Please read what was in front of you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • sidk01
    the registered keeper keeps it he didnt have he car at the time.

the nephew was driving and UKCPS completely ignored this
  • Redx

no , but its near the top of this parking forum , written by coupon-mad above

all NEWBIES should read it , in your case especially post #2

at the moment , the fact that the driver has been named doesnt stop this being a "live" court case, although it will be part of the defence

and some people on here are "gals" not guys , like CM above for example ;)
  • sidk01
    i cant find #2 ??? sorry haha men and women
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Do you have any evidence you provided the name and address of the driver? If you do that is a very powerful defence point.

#2 means second post in a thread. If you look on the right hand side all posts are numbered.
  • sidk01
    I wrote a letter and it was sent via royal mail. it was tracked if that helps?
  • Redx
    i cant find #2 ??? sorry haha men and women

if you scroll down this thread you will find that you posted post #1 , looking on the right hand side, my reply was post #2 , and it clocks up accordingly , like this post is post #10

the NEWBIES sticky thread is the second thread down on the main forum , scroll down to post #2 and read it
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I wrote a letter and it was sent via royal mail. it was tracked if that helps?

Is this thread a joke? I have to ask...we get people wasting our time sometimes.

Anyone here can find the NEWBIES thread and post #2 of it. Please, read it first. NO LINK.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure