Aqua Card credit increase...

Comments

• guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Lazyloki wrote: »
    Do Aqua routinely increase limits without having to ask? I see a lot of people with pretty low limits on it, don't think I've heard of anyone with more than about £1k.

Don't have one myself and don't intend to - thought about it for the cashback and foreign spend but I like to pay off in full each month and can't be bothered with making additional payments to keep within the limit.

I had one until 2009, the limit ended up at £3050. Started off in 2005/06 (whenever I got it) as £250 and got increased about five times to that level without asking, the weirdest thing was they initially sent me a letter saying I'd been declined, then the card turned up a week later.

I wasn't using it and only remembered to close it when they sent me a letter saying they were going to reduce my limit because I hadn't used it in ages.
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Mine was automatically increased from £250 to £650 after about 4 months - presumably because the rest of my credit report is impeccable (just with a high available credit to income ratio) and I was spending well over £250 a month on it and always repaying in full.
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I got knocked back after 3 months for an increase.

I requested £250 to £1000 last month and they declined but did raise it to £350 which is fine for me as the cashback is maxed at around this anyway.
  • Jules2012
    Jules2012 Posts: 280 Forumite
    Mine went £250-£650 and goes up to £1250 in a couple of weeks, just got a letter. Had it for around 10 months.
    Bad luck breeds bad luck.

Damn I'm doomed.
  • my cc limit was £250, increased to £600 after 5 months.
  • gener8or
    gener8or Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Had my statement from Aqua Reward today with a note on the statement saying my £1600 limit has been increased to £1850 with immediate affect
    Ive made my £100 cashback now so only using for small purchases to keep the account open
  • gener8or wrote: »
    Had my statement from Aqua Reward today with a note on the statement saying my £1600 limit has been increased to £1850 with immediate affect
    Ive made my £100 cashback now so only using for small purchases to keep the account open

My jumped from £500 ---> £1200 (after 5-6 months of using)

Did they offer you £1600 from the start ?
    Cashback: July.2013
    Aqua - £100.00
    Aqua 2 - £100.00
    Amex Nectar - £69.08
    Amex Express Rewards Card - £43
  • gener8or
    gener8or Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes I had a 1600 limit when I opened the account.
  • Money transfer - If one used this card for a online money transfer using e.g. worldremit.com, this is treated as a purchase, so if the balance is paid in full by payment date then there is no interest or other fees charged, is this correct?

Thank you
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    B1gsaver wrote: »
    Thank you for the replies.

It's been two months since I've had the Aqua reward card.

I'll leave it a month or [STRIKE]two[/STRIKE] four...

I've corrected your post ... taking into consideration the advice you have already been given ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure