Nationwide Mortgage Application - How Long?

Anyone give any adviceon how long Nationwide usually take on full mortgage application?

Comments

• It varies depending on a number of factors including location and how complex / straightforward your case is. I am a nationwide flexaccount holder and got my mortgage in principle on 19th November, full application the following day and offer received 26th November. We completed our purchase on 23rd December. I am led to believe that our case was the exception, rather than the rule.
    Don't worry about typing out my username - Call me COMP
    (Unless you know my real name - in which case, feel free to use that just to confuse people!)
  • We are buying a property through the mychoice homebuy goverment scheme.
    We had our mortagae in principle approved in december - the full application was sent last week?
  • oli_ro
    oli_ro Posts: 142 Forumite
    edited 14 January 2010 at 1:21AM
    We have made a full application with Nationwide through an advisor back in Nov.
    They were very fast: the application was in a queue for a week or so, but once they started to process it, it took literally 4 days to get the offer.
    - Tuesday was underwritten and survey instructed
    - Thursday survey done
    - Saturday mortgage offer in the post

I was very impressed with their efficiency. Too bad that the sale fell through, but that's a different story.
  • VIGILANT22
    VIGILANT22 Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    oli_ro...This is normal when submitted by an adviser...as they know how to manage the application...Hopefully, you will be able to pick up another property soon.....
  • We had a mortagae in principle agreed in december where they checked our credit reports - will they check these again?
    We received a letter from the survery company, we had to send a signed sheet backso that they would send us the survey when done - does this mean that they are going to do survery soon? howlong after the survey do they do we hear about mortgage?
    Sorryabout all the questions - this is all new to me!!
  • VIGILANT22
    Who arranged this mortage for you? Was the process not explained?...can't believe you're so in the dark..

From survey being done to going to offer should take no more than between a few days and 2 weeks...

Many lenders do a further credit check before offering the mortgage to ensure nothing has changed since first application
  • it was our fa, he just sort of said you will get survey in post then the mortgage offer?
    he sent the application last friday.
  • VIGILANT22
    He should have explained the whole process to you....that is his job!
  • Thank you for your useful input - Not....
  • VIGILANT22
    Don't be so rude, ungrateful....I answered some of your questions last night!

You are the one doing the business with him, so one would have expected this had been discussed in full...If I buy a new car I don't go down the road to the next garage to ask about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure