Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    tweets - I've actually not yet tried any of their soups yet, I don't know how that's happened I love soup.

lantanna - sorry to hear about the job, the right one will turn up in the end :)

So far I've survived the possibly gone off pork thing from this morning :D

Had jacket sweet potato and a half followed recipe/ half made up sweet chilli chicken which was ok, not a million miles away from the coke/fanta chicken.

I also had an oreo thin earlier so I think I'm now on 10.5 syns. I'm stuck between having 2 more thins, or whats left of my bread for my B with some biscoff spread on it... I'll be finishing the day on either 13.5 or 14.5 not much in it.
    x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    joedenise wrote: »
    Maman - it was Pixtots not me asking about Sunday WI, LOL! But never mind, I'll forgive you seeing as you've got the lurgy!

Denise
    Thanks denise what I meant was I agree with you there aren't any groups on Sundays.

Sorry to hear about the job lantanna , how mean of them to email at the end of Friday afternoon. I'd agree you should ask for feedback. There's nothing wrong with you. To get to second interview and for them to speak to you for over an hour sounds like you were a very serious contender. Have a good evening and well done for not drowning sorrows.:A

I still can't taste anything so I'm having a Friday evening without wine syns! :eek:
    We had a stuffed chicken ready meal YS from Sainsbury's for dinner because I CBA to cook much. It was 5.5 syns but DH said it tasted good and it filled me up.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,239 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    lantanna~ Sorry about the job.
    It is their loss.

Hope your heater turns up.
    That would make me mad too.
    I hate being cold.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    pixtotts wrote: »
    tweets - I've actually not yet tried any of their soups yet, I don't know how that's happened I love soup.

lantanna - sorry to hear about the job, the right one will turn up in the end :)

So far I've survived the possibly gone off pork thing from this morning :D

Had jacket sweet potato and a half followed recipe/ half made up sweet chilli chicken which was ok, not a million miles away from the coke/fanta chicken.

I also had an oreo thin earlier so I think I'm now on 10.5 syns. I'm stuck between having 2 more thins, or whats left of my bread for my B with some biscoff spread on it... I'll be finishing the day on either 13.5 or 14.5 not much in it.
    x

I liked the chicken and sweetcorn chowder which was like soup but they stopped selling it :( You must try the mushroom soup its quite a big portion for one but greedy tweets managed to eat it all :)
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    lantanna So sorry you didn't get the job :(
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Lantama - so sorry you didn't get the job. Horrible to let you know so late in the day on a Friday. Definitely worth asking for feedback.

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - at mums, know it will be SW friendly
    Dinner - bacon, egg, mushroom and tomato
    Snacks - cereal bars and fruit

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars
    Zebras rock
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning ☺ finally making those samosas and whatever the other thing was today ☺

B weetabix + sugar (1)
    L sausage and pasta I think just realise I got the 1 syn sausages instead of half syn ones oops! ( 3 syns)
    D I'm at a friends and we're having "nibbles" hence the filling lunch. And I'm taking the samosas and what not with me so hopefully won't be too bad.

Off to a ghost walk tonight at what used to be the hospital but is now part of the uni should be interesting, I used to have to go there regularly to have my heart murmur checked until I was about 6 x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • chocomonsta
    chocomonsta Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lantanna wrote: »
    Sad to report at 4.40 I got my you have not been successful email. Bit peeved I didn't get a bit more than that after my efforts. Feel a bit crap yes there r tears.

aw don't take it personally, it usually ends up as a numbers game, you could have missed out by 1 mark. I have had to interview and it is really difficult and often the one you like best doesn't count in the number scoring. Well worth asking for feedback. Onwards and upwards and very well done for not caving in and having a feeding frenzy XX:kiss:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Was up before 5 this morning so breakfast was really early and already feeling as though it's lunchtime!

Today's plan:

B - toasted bacon & mushroom sandwich
    L - LO tortilla; boiled potatoes & salad
    D - lamb tagine; couscous with herbs & pomegranate seeds

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - dried apricots 1.5; flaked almonds 4; brown sauce 1. No wine today as had more than 15 syns worth yesterday!!!

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport