2017 - A year of change and positivity

Comments

• jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi Seabiscuit

It's so annoying when life gets in the way of plans for overpayments! Glad it wasn't more expensive and woof is okay though.... I had a grand scheme this month to pay off lots on the credit card and then remembered that little miss rotty is going to get spade.... just reminding myself that unlike the old life the money is there actually in the bank and I can still manage to pay some of the cc!

I did massive clean at the weekend and have decluttering plans, its amazing what living somewhere nice and clean can do for my outlook :) Good luck!
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • I'm exactly the same re. a clutter free tidy house jvr - in fact I should be cleaning now whilst little man's napping but I need a 5 minute break as I've not stopped all day.

So it's pay day eve so time for the scores on the doors...

Cc1 was £5570.74 now £5470.74 (-£100)
    Cc2 was £953.35 now £931.90 (-£21.45)
    Cc3 was £790.01 now £644.78 (-£145.23)
    Next was £42.00 now £37.93 (-£4.07)
    Very was £297.34 now £294.03 (-£3.31)
    OD was £498.20 now £474.84 (-£23.31)

Total was £8151.64 now £7854.22 (-£297.42)

Not too shabby considering it's been a 5 week month and the last weeks been an expensive one. All debts have moved in the right direction.

Next months got a couple of annual expenses so will concentrate on minimum payments to begin with and then hopefully make a few overpayments via decluttering.

Need to check the very account as the payment seems very low, if interest is mega on it may need to prioritise this.

Right going to have a quick blitz will DS is still napping. Today's focus hall and porch and DS room
  • Morning!
    Spends day yesterday - did huge food shop in Aldi and Mr T as a lot of our tinned and store cupboard stocks were running low. Should just be fresh bits needed for the month now though.

Weighed in and have lost 2lb :j beginning to get back on track following Christmas. Sat and meal planned for the week so hopefully in for a good week.

Listed 9 items yesterday and hopefully get more done today. It's going to be a tight month so the more sales the better!

Low spend day planned today - playgroup with the little man and a bit of housework this afternoon.

Jobs for today:
    Change bedding
    Hoover downstairs
    Tidy kitchen
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done on your weight loss :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Thanks Bobarella!

Broken nights sleep last night with DS means I'm shattered this morning. I'm supposed to be running with the woofs this morning but I don't think it's a good idea!

Productive day yesterday. Took little man to playgroup in the morning which wore him out - he then slept for the next 2 hours! It was a toss up between cleaning and ebaying. I figured cleaning isn't going to pay the debts so ebaying won! It's paid off as I've sold 2 items for a total of £11 already.

Need to sit and make a list of jobs for the weekend - it's going to be a long list!

Right best drag my backside off the sofa and get started!
  • Bobarella
    I had a very similar night.....My daughter has a cold. She was up and down all night. Send coffee ;)

• Hope you've had a better night Bobarella - coffee on its way!!!

Another small sale (£4.99) yesterday - paid straight off cc3.

House is a tip so that's going to be the big target for this weekend. Dining room and DS room priority. Doesn't help that I've woken up with a stinking cold.

Phoned vets to order the neds meds. I've saved a small fortune getting prescriptions from them rather than purchasing the meds direct.

Need to batch cook some meals for myself and DS and meal plan for the coming week. Will also take stock of the freezer.

Job for today...
    1. Post office
    2. Batch cook
    3. Dining room
    4. DS room
  • Morning!
    So little man has been awake since 3am - at 4am I realised it was pointless trying to get him back to sleep. It doesn't help that I'm full of cold and feeling rough!

Anyway on a more positive note we had a reasonably productive weekend. Managed to get the dining room sorted and cooked a load of meals for myself and DS. Called in a local designer outlet to get DS's feet measured - fortunately no change since last time so no need to buy new shoes :T. I popped in next and managed to get two pairs of really nice jeans for £3 each! I know I'm not supposed to be buying but I wouldn't even be able to get them from a charity shop for that! Also got some Yankee candles to put away for Christmas - medium jars reduced from £18.99 to £5.70!!!

Finally got round to checking the interest on the very account - a whopping 39.9% APR :eek:
    £159.99 is interest free until July, but need to clear this asap. Cross at myself over this one - I should know better.

Had £30 worth of sales over the weekend - I've used this to clear the Next account. I figured it's one less ball to juggle.

Also managed to list a load more items. My eBay pile for listing now fits neatly into a plastic box in the corner of the dining room. Got a few watchers, so fingers crossed these progress to sales.

I think for this month I'm going to put all eBay sales into a seperate account until the end of the month. Got so many expenses this month, I don't want to commit the money to over payments until I know everything else is covered.

Right best get the eBay parcels sorted and in the shower. Little one is still showing no sign of wanting to go back to sleep - I wish I had his energy!
  • Bobarella
    You poor thing. I really don't know how you do a day after a 3am start! We have bad nights but generally she goes back down even if just in with us.

• To be fair he's usually pretty good, it was just yesterday he was wide awake and full of it! I'm usually up pretty early anyway, but it's nice to sit in the peace and quiet and savour my cuppa before sorting the animals. Needless to say as soon as he was asleep yesterday I followed suit pretty quickly!

£22 sale yesterday, which will sit in a separate account until I reach £100 or if it's needed during the dreaded paydown countdown. I figured it'd be good to give ourselves a bit of a buffer if needed considering all the big bills coming out this month.

Weigh in night tonight all being well. I have the farrier coming to the ponies so it depends what time he gets done as to whether or not I make SW. Feeling really bleurgh as colds well and truly broken and I haven't run in over a week. As soon as I'm feeling better I'm back on it!

So I'm making the very account priority now in light of the whopping APR. Give or take a few £ that's £60 a month. So since I've paid off the Next account I'll use the £5 a month I was paying towards it, which in addition to the £10 dd I have set up leaves £45 a month to find. I'll hopefully cover this via sales so it doesn't impact the over debts too much. May mean that CC3 takes a back burner for a few months but will keep it ticking over.

Jobs for today....
    1. Post parcel
    2. Money out for hay and farrier
    3. Meal plan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business