2017 - A year of change and positivity

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not a lot to report this morning. Managed a 3k run with the dogs, which takes my 2017 total to 8.1km / 1000km and £5 in my mileage pot. However didn't get round to the porch or table. LO was such a nightmare to get to bed last night, by the time he was asleep and we'd had tea I was crawling into bed myself! Will get it done today as it's one of my non-working days.

Weigh in last night and I'd lost 1lb :) so 1/14 with that goal. Pigged out last night but will get back on something resembling plan today.

Got a few errands to run in town today. DS has a birthday party at the weekend so need to get a pressie and card.

Right time to get moving.

Jobs for today.....
    1. Porch
    2. Table
    3. Put away laundry
    4. Glass to recycling
    5. Town
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm always amazed at how many people on here seem to fit in jobs/ homes / fitness and looking after kids at the same time! After work I just feel like a zombie and I don't have any mini humans to care for!
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Jvr you manage somehow! I put off having kids for so long as was worried about not having time with having the horses and dogs to care for but you just kind of roll with it. We have both sets of parents in the village too which helps. My mums always up for giving DS his tea whilst I pop out for a run. The house on the other hand...:rotfl:

Well yesterday I managed to run 8.3 miles without stopping :j half marathon seems more achievable now especially since the only thing that stopped me carrying on was the fact I thought mum would be sending a search party out :rotfl: Happy happy happy! 21.6/1000km

Got everything done in town - the house on the other hand :cool: No excuses it just didn't get done. I'm taking DS to toddler group this morning so I'm hoping it'll set him up for a nice long sleep!

I have a £7 eBay bid which was a nice suprise to wake up to - will take my selling total to £49/£30 if all goes ok. Have got piles of stuff to list, need to have a sort through and aim to list 5 items a day.

Right best get started. It's freezing here and as much as I love winters mornings, everything takes twice as long at the yard. I'm always first one up so end up gritting the yard before I can turn out, little ones stay in so extra mucking out, big one out but with a barrow of hay so an extra trip down the field. Doesn't sound much but once you factor it all in there's an extra 30 mins added.

Time to get on. Have a good day x
  • jvr
    First Anniversary
    Options
    OH is desperate to start trying for kids and I think for the first time I actually feel a bit of excitement at the idea (never been one to get broody) obviously also a sense of deep fear haha... good to know people somehow muddle along!!
    Fab on your run its very impressive!
    I have to be at work for 7.30am and I cycle in... these freezing cold mornings are not my friend!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I was exactly the same jvr and can honestly say with hindsight I wish I'd have done it sooner.

My first 'real' pay packet has landed since returning from maternity ( the other had dribs and drabs of holiday pay). It's half way between worse and best case scenario based on my calculations so not too bad. However January is going to be a pants month - damn you 5 week months! The money is there but was put in various 'pots' for insurance, car maintenance etc. Lots of juggling and getting creative with meal times me thinks!

Managed to list 3 items on eBay yesterday and hopefully will get a bit of time tonight to get more on.

Going to go for a quick jog with the woofs and hopefully clock up another 3k and then off to work. Let the weekend countdown begin.....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning! Managed to get 9 items listed on eBay yesterday. No bids / purchasesas yet but got a few watchers so fingers crossed.

DS had a birthday party yesterday afternoon, so we just had a lazy morning. Need to visit a supermarket at some point today as we're running low on a few fresh bits.

When I get 5 minutes I need to organise my eBay stash, it's currently taking over my living room! Will pop it on this weeks list of things to do - the list is getting longer and longer!

Very random post this morning but just checking in and writing something helps keep me focussed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning!
    Counting down til payday 2 weeks today! January's always a nightmare - the OH will get paid anything upto a week early which always makes it seem such a long stretch.

DS isn't well at the minute. He has a heavy cold which is affecting his breathing, so we're having a few days around the house while he recovers. He had a nice long nap yesterday morning, so I managed to list a lot of my eBay stash- hoping for the same again this morning. I've listed a lot as buy it now so we'll see how it goes . Lol - I've literally just had a £7 sale as I'm typing this - selling pot now £56/ £30 (although I'm waiting on £7 from the other day :mad:). Will pay straight off cc3.

Ordered big neds meds yesterday, although payment for this will just sneak into next months pay. Also need to stock up on feed as only have about a weeks worth left. Will call in and do this on the way to the yard tonight. It's going to be a big one as need literally everything, but should see them through a couple of months.

Works really getting me down at the minute. Since coming back off mat leave I don't feel part of it at all and that my ideas, experience and opinions count for nothing. Half my problem is I'm not a showman, I hate drawing attention to myself. I just want to come in, get on with my work and do a good job. But the culture now seems to be everybody blowing their own trumpet and out for themselves no matter who they trample on. We're only a small team as well. Oh well I'm only there 3 days a week and keep reminding myself why I'm doing it.

Right, I'm going to go and package the eBay item up so I can post it this afternoon. List of things to do today......
    1. List at least 5 eBay
    2. Horse feed
    3. Post office
    4. Organise eBay stash
    5. Hoover downstairs
    6. Change beds
    7. Laundry away
  • jvr
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry about your work at the moment. I notice it at mine that shouting your ideas and stealing others seems to get you further than head down and thoughtful ideas. One of our managers is like a politician in how he goes about this and it really frustrates me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks jvr - determined not to let it drag me down. We have a lot of politicians at our place too.

So after this mornings £7 sale I had a further £10 one this afternoon! Very happy with that. Posted both parcels this afternoon and paid the money off cc3.

Need to have a look at the spreadsheet and juggle a few figures. Big neds meds are needed on a monthly basis, as is one of the minis. The other of the minis meds are every other month. Total cost is £80 a month plus £40 every other. At the minute I only have £30 allocated for it, as used to buy big beds every 3 months and just reduce debt payment that month to cover it. Will start allocating £100 instead. Our mortgage payment goes down by £170 next month so can use some of that.

Lunch all ready for tomorrow so no spend there. Do need to go to Aldi though for a few bits though but shouldn't be too bad. Right must get some sleep - work in the morning :cool:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning!
    I've sat and rejuggled the spreadsheet over my morning cuppa and transferred money to cover overspend. We're balancing again :T Will be tight but doable.

Need to get the slow cooker out and the weekend and make some Bol and chilli etc as my freezer stock is looking a wee bit depleted. Got plenty of quorn mince in though and all the other ingredients so no spend required.

eBay buyer from earlier in the week still hasn't paid so will send a reminder in a mo- will be another £7 towards cc3.

Went and bought the horse feed, £47 but will last the 3 of them 2 months, so not too bad. Also took delivery of 6 weeks worth of dog food, so that's the animals fed! Need to pay farmer for a bale of hay today (£30 already budgeted). Farrier is booked for after pay day - must text him today to find out when as I forgot to write it down!

Right, going to attempt a quick 3k with the woofs if it's not too icy - have a great day x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure