The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If I wasn't so short on times this could potentially turn into a very long post.

Last night I was sitting next to DS while he was sleeping and for some reason got to pondering how we would cope if homeless, etc. This links back to a vivid dream I had some time back. Anyway it made me feel very insecure. My financial position is very fragile but it shouldn't be. I have been here under this user name since 2009 and another name for a few years previous to that, roughly 12 years.

WHY AM I NOT DEBT FREE BY NOW?

I read too many diaries on here and so many folks have arrived scared, turned intodebt paying off monsters and left debt free. I'm still here. Why? Because eventhough I'm frugal I have been playing at it. I need to focus more, be more organised and not procrastinate :o.

Focus focus focus.

Step 1 - I need an emergency fund. Initially I will aim for £500 as my salary is very small Indeed. I need this by the end of may without fail.

Selling rubbish here I come.

I'm not going past that step until it is completed. I need to focus and stop overwhelming myself. I will no longer be stopped by fear.

Have a good day. P x
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Go you! :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Oh so sorry you felt so worried. There is no point beating yourself up over what you haven't done before. You sound incredibly motivated now. And that's all that counts. It's ok to slow down so long as you don't stop!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    Thank you doingitanyway and bobarella.

I'm the typical 'bull at a gate' type. I want it all done now.

On a positive another self employed job has come in. More pennies for the emergency fund.:j

Very tired tonight so of to bed in a minute. Good night all you lovely people.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Horray to more work and lovely dosh :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    What a bl00dy awful evening. My card was declined in T3sco at the same time DS went I to crisis. I managed to calm him some before he went into it against at the train station. Oh the joys of autism added to the complete lack of understanding by the public around.

Feeling very, very p1ssed off and even more desperate to sort life once and for all.

• parsniphead
    Forumite
    The news from London yesterday was so sad.

I guess there will always be a risk while humans occupy the planet but its important to remember its a small percentage of humanity. Most people are decent, good people.

I will not let a few individuals turn me against others.

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,018
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Parsnip. Hope you're having a better day. Most of us are just getting through life the best we can - if I get to the end of the day and everyone is still safe I call it a success :)

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • parsniphead
    Forumite
    Hi Parsnip. Hope you're having a better day. Most of us are just getting through life the best we can - if I get to the end of the day and everyone is still safe I call it a success :)

Fortune x

Too true Fortune smiles. Lots of people have so much to deal with.

I have applied for another job today. It would mean 5 days per week but £2000 plus per year payrise. I could do my sewing job evenings and weekends. I so much want to get financially secure that I'm thinking that to spend a year or two focussing on that would be better. Should the self employed thing get bigger I can change plan.

I may not get it but I'm going to try my hardest. Plus it will help as its at DS's school.

Struggling with the healthy eating today. I don't want to eat rubbish, I just want loads more food which is nonsense as I'm not really hungry.:o I don't want to slip up as I want to be under 11st by Monday.

I've been busy today. I've moved the spare bed into DS's room. I will need to get a new mattress eventually but it will be OK for now. I'm going g to get him to chose a new duvet cover. My baby is no longer in his toddler bed.:(

Off for a nice bath now.

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,018
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Good luck with the job application.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure