New tunnel - no light yet

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Can I give you a wee s hopping list then ;)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm happy to take your shopping list Lou, I just wouldn't trust myself to remember everything (forgot to get candles for birthday cake :o)

Ended up having a bowl of porridge for tea last night. I didn't have time to make up soup as I had a call about a new job (I'm just not sure) and then I had to pick up LMG from a club she has started going to. By the time all that was done it was 8pm. I couldn't be a$$ed making soup at that time :cool:

Out for tea tonight for sis's birthday. Going to the local Toby :D Parents are very kindly paying so no spends today.

No overpayments made today. No potting. No spending though ;)
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • girlatplay
    I've just done something crazy! There was £1.2k left over from what I had allowed for the equity purchase. I had lots of ideas of what I could do with it [STRIKE]including a holiday somewhere hot[/STRIKE]. I have made a few calculations and have gone ahead and paid it off the mortgage :eek:

I know this sounds mad and I should have paid it off the loan but my reasoning is that the mortgage is now under £90k and with the monthly interest I am paying at the moment (remember, it is an interest only mortgage) it means the balance will come down by a teeny tiny bit each month. Only a couple of £'s but down is better than any other direction :cool:

Oooh I like a challenge :o:)
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    Have a nice evening :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• girlatplay
    £1.57 off the loan today.

40p to sealed pot. It was going in the pot anyway but it's so annoying when Mr T self serve gives you 8 x 5p pieces for your change!!

I have a meeting this afternoon with a guy about a new job (think I mentioned it in a previous post). I am just so undecided about this. I am trying to break away from the law side of things but this job is with another law firm. I might be able to progress more with this role than in my current one but I don't want to end up stuck in a law firm forever. There is no point in moving and then not getting to where I want when I could stay, study, then go somewhere that is not law. On the other hand, they might be prepared to pay for my study whereas I won't get that in my current work. My savings won't stretch to more study at the moment. Aaargh, I just don't know. I have it good where I am even although the salary is at least £3k less than they are considering offering me at the new place.

Anyway, I need to make up a meal plan and shopping list for later. Going to grab a cuppa and do that now. See, where else would you be able to be at work and do that? :cool:
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    Just go & see how things go & how you feel.

• girlatplay
    Thanks Lou. He was a nice guy, made me feel at ease. I should find out today if I have made it to final interview which is where I will meet the big bosses. Everything is going round and round in my head and I can't think of much else. Even although I am not actively looking for work so don't need this position, I feel really nervous.

Did a meal plan and shopping list. Managed to go over the budget by £3 odds. LMG slipped a jar of almond butter into the basket when I wasn't looking! :mad: £2.75!! :mad::mad: We had a chat about it and she understands the budget thing. She did joke (or tried to) about the fact that I used to do that to my dad when I was wee (if we went shopping with mum it was not possible but dad was a bit softer so if we sneaked a wee sweet into the basket he usually just paid and said nothing. We are talking about 10p sweets here though!) but I explained that if she wants things like that she has to pay for them out of her pocket money. I feel mean but she has to learn.

Got a £5 voucher from Mr M when I went for petrol the other day and with the points from yesterday I will get one the next time I am in. Then, once our points update, we only need 1040 points for the next voucher. That will take us to £55 in vouchers.

No overpayments of anything today.

Payday tomorrow :j
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    Blimey you are doing well on the points :j

• Hiya

Did you find out about the interview? :)
    CC1: 10273.70/6892.56. CC2: 1000/832
    Cat1: PAID :j Cat 2: Paid :j Cat3: Paid :j Cat4: paid :j Family: paid :j CC3: paid :j M/A: Paid :j.
  • Primula
    Primula Posts: 953 Forumite
    Hello, you sound very focussed and organised, good luck in your quest to pay your loan off before the end of the term, I'm sure you will achieve it. P x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure