Whats a good current account deal!

My graduate account at LloydsTSB is almost expired (3 years!).

Can anyone recommend a good current account with interest free overdraft.

Thanks.
Filiss

Comments

• Most accounts offering such a thing require a monthly credit of a salary of £1000 or more.

The A&L Premier Plus Current A/C is the one I chose (although I chose it because they offer the best interest rate on current account balances [5.5% on a credit balance of up to £2500 - which is a better rate than you can get in most instant access savings accounts]).
    30 years, 217 days!
  • trace-j
    trace-j Posts: 783 Forumite
    I'd recommend the Nationwide Flex Account as is what I changed to after my Graduate Account expired.

You probably won't get an interest free overdraft any more- gone are the good old days, but when I opened the Flex Account I was given £1000 overdraft and the rate is good. I've been charged £3 for 1mths interest- so if you still need to pay an overdraft back, this is the way to go.

I transferred the money from my new account into my old account to close it and got Nationwide to transfer all the direct debits and standing orders for me.
    :idea:I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about:idea:
  • Viz_2
    Viz_2 Posts: 720 Forumite
    I'm with Nationwide, been with them about a year now. I find all the staff helpful and have found the online banking easy to use.
    They offered to transfer my direct debits from my previous current account ( Abbey National ) and it was a complete mess, would advise to do it yourself. I had to anyway for half of DD's ! Some took 3 months to sort out.
    Apart from that i have found Nationwide excellent !
    Never buy a stupid dwarf -
    Its not big and its not clever.
  • KK
    KK Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Direct - not an interest free overdraft, but low interest I believe (don't know the figures) £500 with no arrangement fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure