Getting child maintenance from ex who works offshorr

Options
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but asking anyway.

I have an ex who has given the CSA the run around for years and managed to pay practically nothing for his 3 kids, child support can't trace him as they can't pin an address down and they can't find a bank account or employer although he is engaged to be married so I'm presuming he lives with her.

He's now told me by he's working offshore in Denmark, are there ways of finding him and trying to get him to pay?

Comments

• CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    You'd need to go through the REMO route (there's another massive thread about this if you look further down the child support page). When you fill in the form they ask you for details, or for a photograph. If you know things such as your ex's date of birth, this will help. If he's working offshore on a rig, just let them know as this will narrow it down. The CSA won't help and they will close the case if you let them know that he's abroad, but they can help if the company that he works for is based in the UK.

Your ex's new partner has made herself a right catch, hey! Lucky lady ;)
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    jondav wrote: »
    Slightly judgmental considering you only have three lines of information and one side of the story to go on

A bloke who doesn't support his children isn't a catch, he's far from it, so it's not judgemental at all.
  • jaidenslot
    jaidenslot Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the info, i'm trying to find out for sure(lives miles away and not seen him for years) before i ring the csa as he couldn't lie straight in bed so telling me hes working offshore could just be a ploy to get me off his back. CMS have said the address they have, the post is being returned but he would do that anyway!

Jondav you are quite correct there is 2 sides to every story and i could tell you that my youngest daughter is nearly 14 and hasn't seen him since she was 9 months old mainly because he wasn't interested in them but in the last several years he wasn't allowed contact due to his lifestyle and behaviour, he also has other children that hes never bothered with or paid for either. Of course he'll tell you a different story........but that doesn't mean i'll give up trying to make him take responsibility for providing for 3 of his kids.

Cakecrusader i agree with you(well i would :rotfl:) about his present partner but in this day and age she can find out his past just by googling his name and he landed himself in court on their first date... so good luck to her!! just thankful he won't be having any more kids with this one!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure