Wileyfox not returned from repair centre.

Hi all,

I sent my Wileyfox phone off to be repaired nearly a month ago. They stated it would take up to 3 weeks to fix it. I would periodically email the customer support team to check the progress. They informed me that it had been posted to me about the 1st of March. I don't know which courier and have zero information. Now when I email they just say they will get back to me.

What if they have lost the phone? What can I do?

Thanks.

Comments

• guriinii
    guriinii Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Bump.

I would really like my phone back or a replacement or a full refund. I have no idea how to proceed. If the manufacturers have lost my phone, are they liable for it?

I'm not sure why I'm not getting any help here.. some feedback would be appreciated.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Did you pay for the repair, or was it a repair under warranty?
    Did you buy the phone direct from them or from somewhere else?

As a repair agent they have a duty of care, which includes shipping the phone back to you and it arriving in satisfactory condition. How best to proceed may depend on the answers to the above questions.
  • guriinii
    Thanks for the reply. It is under warranty for two years and I bought it from Amazon in September 2016.
  • Have you tried contacting them through social media (e.g. Twitter) ? There doesn't seem to be any customer support phone number for them - or ANY phone number at all
  • guriinii
    Have you tried contacting them through social media (e.g. Twitter) ? There doesn't seem to be any customer support phone number for them - or ANY phone number at all

I've been with contact customer support via email and no I haven't tried. I don't have Facebook or Twitter.
  • guriinii wrote: »
    I've been with contact customer support via email and no I haven't tried. I don't have Facebook or Twitter.

Companies are often very good when you complain via twitter - it's worth signing up just to do this.

Here is their page - https://twitter.com/wileyfox

Follow them, then send a direct message giving your details.

I'm amazed they didn't use a secure means of postage. When I had issues with LG they only used DPD for deliveries.
  • guriinii
    I'm amazed they didn't use a secure means of postage. When I had issues with LG they only used DPD for deliveries.

I emailed them requesting which courier they used but I just got a generic reply saying they would get back to me soon with the information. This was a week ago.
  • DoaM
    Did you contact Amazon at all, or did you go straight to Wileyfox and Amazon know nothing about this? (Your consumer rights are with Amazon, unless you bought from Wileyfox via the Amazon platform, in which case your rights are with Wileyfox).

And how did you pay? (Debit or credit card, or Paypal?)
  • guriinii
    Oh, no, I went straight to Wileyfox. Does this mean I can't do anything?
  • DoaM
    I edited my post a couple of times - you might have responded to a pre-edit version.

Did you buy from Amazon, or buy from Wileyfox but via the Amazon platform? In other words, was the original order "fulfilled by Amazon" or not? ("Fulfilled by Amazon" basically means you bought from Amazon).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure