Everest Windows _ be warned!

2»

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Cambie wrote: »
    I realise that photome.

Cancellation rights for off-premise contracts last 14 days after the consumer receives possession of the goods.

Even if they have been fitted ?
  • Cambie
    Cambie Posts: 31 Forumite
    Cancellation rights last for 14 days after the product comes into your possession. So for double glazed windows that's 14 days after installation. The consumer would have to pay for the windows being taken out and for any resultant depreciation in value.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Cambie wrote: »
    Cancellation rights last for 14 days after the product comes into your possession. So for double glazed windows that's 14 days after installation. The consumer would have to pay for the windows being taken out and for any resultant depreciation in value.

Not sure how that helps the OP , not sure how it would help anyone to be honest.

You get your money back you then pay to have the widows removed , pay again for the depreciation and then you are left with holes where the should be windows..mmm
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 March 2017 at 6:30PM
    photome wrote: »
    Not sure how that helps the OP , not sure how it would help anyone to be honest.

You get your money back you then pay to have the widows removed , pay again for the depreciation and then you are left with holes where the should be windows..mmm

I thought the same initially.

However Cambie's post that you have quoted was in response to a hypothetical question - i.e. where the windows had been fitted - and does not cover the op's situation - where the windows have not yet been supplied or fitted. So in the op's case they will not have handled the windows and a reduction for handling will not apply.

(Personally I am not sure a small claims court would go with Cambie's argument that the goods were not made to the consumer’s specifications but that is a separate matter.)
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Given they probably wouldn't fit any other customer that would be 100%.

Cutting your nose off springs to mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport