Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    whitewing wrote: »
    MU,

Would it be worth talking to MIND about your meeting with Occ Health? Personally, I think when so little is understood about mh in the workplace plus with you being unwell, you need to get some proper advice.

I miss the non-posting peeps - hello.

Lambyr, what was that bookwriting software you spoke about ages ago? I want to recommend it to someone.
    Thats an idea.

I know there was an occupational health service at my old GPs they might be able to help, otherwise i have the numbers of a few mental health charities that might help. i dislike having to see my area manager at the best of times so this is the part i'm dreading.

oh btw i had that conversation with the girl at work, she admitted she's stressed and struggling so i told her about my expereinces and told her if she needs me to talk to me
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2017 at 12:40PM
    Argh. I have just done a very brave thing and booked a hair appointment. Should be a nice easy thing but I swear it took me about 20 minutes staring at the number on my keypad before I made the call. I actually did some work instead of making the call :rotfl:

Why are hairdressers so scary?

Thinking for asking for something like this but maybe with the ends pink.
    7e75614c2c0788bbfa87d8ddb35dd7c8.jpg
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes, code. That would look gorgeous and I would love the pink ends too. (Which littlewing says I must have when my hair goes - totally - grey).
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Pink and grey would look awesome :D
  • codemonkey
    Did you get the job application finished tea? Is it for something you're excited about?
  • tea_lover
    I did get it finished, thanks code. The closing date was midday today and I got it in on Monday..... so now am just waiting. Interview are a week on Monday (27th) so at least I have a good cut off point to know whether they're interested or not.

I am quite excited (well, as much excitement as I can muster for work, when I'd always rather be at home with P cat and a book). It's not at all safety related (thank goodness), so that in itself is exiting :rotfl:.

Are you counting the hours yet?? Only just over a week yes?
  • codemonkey
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tea.

I've got a week left to go, so that's good. I am feeling like a major disappointment and failure but it's the right choice. And of course, because I have another job, now I'm getting emails from recruiters :mad:

Currently looking at electric bikes to make the commute a little less long.
  • tea_lover
    I know this sounds trite (as ever :D) but I really do think that accepting the new place wasn't for you and being proactive about sorting it is a fantastic achievement, and one you should be proud of. If it were me, I'd definitely still be stuck in the new place.... moaning but too scared to do anything :rotfl:.

ETA: plus, it wasn't even that short a stint at new place. Got to be over six months now isn't it? I see CVs with far shorter roles on that that..... just how things work now.
  • codemonkey
    Honestly, the thought of staying there was so horrible as to override the humiliation of asking for my old job back. And actually, it was quite nice to see how much they wanted me back, even if that was only because nobody else wanted the job.

I made it 6 months in the new place so it doesn't look so bad. I can probably spin that.
  • codemonkey
    tea_lover wrote: »
    I'd always rather be at home with P cat and a book

I'd always rather be at home with DA dog and a book. Is there any way we can make this into a full time job?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback