Cheap Airport Parking: Luton Airport hints, tips and local parking

Options

Comments

• earledawes
    earledawes Posts: 38 Forumite
    edited 3 September 2010 at 6:20PM
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Not sure which carpark you are thinking of using, or which 'shuttle bus thingy'.

Apologies, was referring to squidsworth's original post (or first post perhaps in this case?!), so the Parkway and the Shuttle Service. £24.50 for the week sounds great
    The bendybus shuttle to the airport seems to run on a regular basis

Excellent. I will give them a bell and report back running times.

Update: they didn't know, but duhh, Squidsworth has already provided this info from the London Luton website...
    There is a regular shuttle bus service between Luton Airport Parkway and London Luton Airport terminal. The service runs every ten minutes between 05:00 and midnight and also connects with all trains calling at Luton Airport Parkway overnight

Ace!! That'll do nicely for my journey! Thanks all.
  • Chef1980uk
    Options
    Does anyone know of anywhere near the airport that serves breakfast?
  • ericthekidstoner
    Options
    Latest info - Will get tested tomorrow since I'm departing on Saturday!

Top level link:-

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/plan-your-journey/car-parking/

Tariffs are under More Information

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/plan-your-journey/car-parking/more-information/

Station Daily Weekly Monthly Quarterly Annual Premier
    Luton Airport Parkway £6.80 £30 £115 £315 £1,025 £1,125

As far as I can tell, there is no difference for pay in advance vs pay on the day.
  • earledawes
    Options
    Let us know if the bloody bendybus is running because I had to waste a fiver on a taxi! Three buses parked up and not a driver in sight at 6am.
  • ericthekidstoner
    ericthekidstoner Posts: 361 Forumite
    edited 29 January 2011 at 11:59PM
    Options
    earledawes wrote: »
    Let us know if the bloody bendybus is running because I had to waste a fiver on a taxi! Three buses parked up and not a driver in sight at 6am.

We arrived last Saturday afternoon (22 Jan) and the buses were running.

£1.50 single
    £2.50 return (valid for a month I believe)
  • ericthekidstoner
    Options
    Latest info - Will get tested tomorrow since I'm departing on Saturday!

Top level link:-

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/plan-your-journey/car-parking/

Tariffs are under More Information

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/plan-your-journey/car-parking/more-information/

Station Daily Weekly Monthly Quarterly Annual Premier
    Luton Airport Parkway £6.80 £30 £115 £315 £1,025 £1,125

As far as I can tell, there is no difference for pay in advance vs pay on the day.

My weekly came to £40 instead of the expected £30 because although there is only one set of "Pay on Foot" tariffs, weekly and above must be purchased in advance - smaller print at bottom of posting. *** See pic ***

You can do this selecting Other on the same machine you use for normal usage (i.e. insert ticket when you want to exit). It's the first time I've seen this system of paying before and after the stay, so it's rather sneaky imho.

Their telecom help operator was slow and not all that helpful either.

3un6yu

3un6yu
  • Coveredinbees!!!!
    Options
    This might be worth a try, there was an ad in today local paper offering £2.99 a day parking at the mid term car park at the terminal. You have to book in advance by 28 Feb 11 and travel by 31 Dec 11. The web site to book on is https://www.londonlutonparking.com and enter the promotional code 'EXPRESS'. It says exclusive offer for local residents but I don't know how they are going to know and how do you define local?
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • choppergirl
    Options
    I've just used this for my holiday & it works fine, many thanks
  • ayayay
    ayayay Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just used this myself - fantastic tip
  • musical_norwich
    Options
    The EXPRESS Code worked beautifully and saved me a lot of money. Just got 14 days parking in August in Mid-Stay for £42.35 including debit card fee. Brilliant. The email also offers an upgrade to Meet and Greet for an extra £20. So, £62.35 for Meet and Greet - about the same price as Parkway station without the cost of the shuttle bus.

I once made the mistake of going with Airparks and discovered the shuttle bus made a five mile journey through busy traffic, roadworks and infrequent, slow buses. They want £70 for this. Never again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback