PrinterPix photobooks - are they any good?

Comments

• My first message on this site - woo!

Anyway I thought I'd share my Printerpix experiences.
    I bought one of the Groupon £8 vouchers, created my photobook, received it after about 10 days and was very pleased with the result. So for a family birthday I decided to take advantage of the offer leaflet they put in with my order - a hardback book like the one I had already ordered for £10.

I created the photobook and ordered three copies of it. It has been 50 days since I ordered those books and I have only received one of them! I only received that one because I got on the phone after about 30 days to say I absolutely needed at least one copy as it was a birthday present. After two phone calls and emails they finally sent out one copy. Since then they have sent an email to say that my other 2 had been dispatched - this turned out to be a mistake on their part and the books STILL have not be sent out, I've sent emails but they don't reply, it takes ages to get through on the phone - I will definitely NOT be ordering through them again - I wanted to create another photobook for a Christmas present but I doubt they would send it in time for Christmas so I'm going elsewhere!

A few weeks ago I bought another groupon voucher for 5 calenders, it's now been nearly three weeks since I ordered them and of course I have not received them yet.

They're estimated delivery time is 9-12 days. Waiting 50 days is an absolute joke!!
  • I used them this year for doing an album of my daughters wedding, I bought a voucher from groupon and upgraded to the larger leather bound version. I used one of my pc images for the background and it did take me several evening due to the number of pictures I included and the personal touches I add but I am very happy with the results. All together I think it cost me around £17 for a very good wedding album.
  • djchrisjones
    djchrisjones Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 18 November 2011 at 10:34AM
    >>>> LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES LIES FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD <<<<

Ordered a book in JULY 2011, now is almost DECEMBER!!! got 2 faulty books with screwed pictures.
    I've been asking for a reprint since JULY!!!!

5 MONTHS TO REPRINT 2 BOOKS IS NOT A JOKE BUT FRAUD! and still NOTHING!

Today they PUT THE PHONE DOWN ON ME!

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY: machine broken, order in the post = AVOID + ASK CHARGE BACK IF PAID BY CREDIT CARD!!
    They have a premium number so they MAKE MONEY WHEN YOU COMPLAIN
    They hang up on you = TOUSIIQ HYDER (name of the guy who hanged up on me)
    >>> DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THEM!!!!
    We now have to ask a charge back from our credit card company and file for FRAUD. We WILL GET THE MONEY BACK!
    AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
    All the above is true so are all the negative feedbacks....
  • SHARE YOUR BAD EXPERIENCE HERE:
    facebook.com/pages/Fraud-Against-Printerpix/167568746673112

It's a SCAM company, RUDE organization, LYING to their teeth.
    Please like my page. Help others to avoid this terrible terrible company!

Ideally a complain via THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING should filed by the very large number of unsatisfied customers
  • DO NOT USE PRINTERPIX!!

I've had the misfortune of ordering 2 calenders from the useless company known as Printerpix. They are rude, unhelpful, lying scumbags.

I have now been waiting 40 days for my products, even though they state it will arrive between 8-10 days. They took the money from my account just 2 days after the transaction. 4 phonecalls, 2 e-mails and 1 hand written letter later, I still have NO explanation as to where my purchase is, or when they will arrive, and will they even arrive?!

Printerpix idea of customer service is to keep you waiting for 30 mins plus on the phone whilst they tell you that your purchase will arrive in 3 days... liars.
  • I have just received my album from printerpix and am absolutely appalled with it for many reasons. Some are as follows
    The majority of pictures have been chopped so they look rediculess
    The quality is rubbish
    The pictures are mostly on the wrong pages
    There is no clip art which is supposed to have been added
    Some pictures have been printed in the wrong orientaion
    Of the 96 photos ordered on 46 pages only 56 were printed on 40 pages
    None of the special borders for pictures which were on there program for greating pages were in the book
    All the photos were the same size
    All of my pictures were of a my daughters wedding and taken by a proffesional photographer so the quality is of the highest possible
    I would not embarass myself in showing this album to any friends or relatives because of the most unproffesional look of it

In conclusion I would advise anyone considering this company to stay well clear as in my opinion this is a micky mouse outfit and I shall be reporting them to groupon to hopefully get them to stop offering coupons from them
  • You can currently get £10 off you first order of photo books and calendars with Printing-1 with the code PRIXUK : http://printing-1.co.uk/Photo-Book/
    I feel that their print and binding quality are very good.
    photobook-top.jpg?1283782957
  • I also used the Groupon voucher for a photobook from PrinterPix. Went through the process of arranging photos, layouts, backgrounds etc and when it came to the checkout it asked if i'd like a second book the same for an extra £5. I thought, why not and ordered two.
    They came together about 2 weeks later and i'm reasonably happy with them. The picture quality isn't perfect and i used the pro pics from my wedding so they should have been! If you are going to use PrinterPix, i would strongly advise against using any photos that weren't professionally taken, i imagine snapshots etc would be very pixellated.
  • I would strongly advise people not to order from Printerpix. I purchased a Groupon voucher for a Personalised Calender and placed my order with Printerpix on 21/10/2011 - receiving a confirmation email minutes after placing my order quoting an 8-10 day shipping time.

After a full 10 working days I still hadn't received my order so I emailed the company - no reply. I left it a few more days then rang the number provided on my confirmation email to find my wait time to talk to a customer service advisor would be 28 minutes!!! I finally got through to someone who said that unfortunately there had been a breakdown with the printer through the night and my order would arrive with me by 8/11/2011 - I argued that the the printer breaking down should not have effected my order as it was over 20 days since I placed my order and therefore it should have already have been printed and shipped. I explained that the Calender was for a Birthday present and the Birthday had now been and gone - he said he was sorry but he could assure me the order would be with by Tues 15 Nov. I was not happy with the answers I had been provided with so I gave Groupon a call to complain about the service and to see if they could help retrieve my order - they said they could send out a Missing Items form. They advised me to wait until Sat 5th Nov and if I hadn't received my order by then to call them back on the Monday and they would send out the form. Monday came but no order arrived. So I called Groupon again and they sent out the form and told me Printerpix would have to contact me within 2 days, suprisingly they didn't call. So on 17/11/2011 I called Printerpix again, explained my situation only to be told my order would be dispatched and I would receive it byt 22/11/2011 (tomorrow). I again was unhappy with the answers I received from Printerpix so I called Groupon who promised to have a senior member of staff look into my complaint - I have heard nothing since!

It seems once Groupon and Printerpix have your money they don't really care if you receive your item or not.

I won't hold my breath on my order arriving tomorrow, but hopefully by sharing experiences about this company will stop others ordering and receiving absolutely diabolical service.
  • Well I guess I can just add more of the same. ordered calendars and leather bound photo books...received nothing and when I rang they said their warehouse would email me. Have a guess...no email. I had some more Groupon vouchers that I hadnt used so I have asked for a refund and I guess I will try and get the rest of my money back via my credit card. It seems a shame as their software for creating albums was better than many of their competitors, however thats all well and good but what we want is our photos!. Also bought albums using Groupon vouchers for 2mphotobooks and they were very good and they even rang me when I emailed a question on using their software. Thats the difference between a company that will grow and one that will soon no doubt go under.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure