JSA Hardship payments

Last week the lady at the jobcenter took a dislike to me and said the 8 things a fortnight wasnt enough, even though 6 weeks ago she told me to do the 8 things.
I had a letter this morning saying i wasn't getting my JSA until they make a decision, it says to read the leaflet on how to apply for payments under the JSA Hardship Provision. There is no leaflet :(
Could someone point me in the right direction I've looked about online but cant find much about how to apply.

Comments

• jojo30
    jojo30 Posts: 8 Forumite
    anyone? :o
  • Dunroamin
    Dunroamin Posts: 16,908 Forumite
    Hardship payments and Jobseeker's Allowance

A hardship payment is a reduced amount of Jobseeker's Allowance which you may be able to get if you have been refused Jobseeker's Allowance, or your benefit has been stopped, because of doubts about whether you are available for and actively seeking work. You can also get them if you are waiting for the Jobcentre Plus office to decide whether you meet the jobs seeking conditions or if you have been sanctioned (see under Jobseeker's Allowance and sanctions).
    If you want more information about hardship payments, and how to apply for them, you should consult an experienced adviser, for example, at a Citizens Advice Bureau. To search for details of your nearest CAB, including those that can give advice by email, click on openinnewwin.gifnearest CAB.

• RILEYBULL
    RILEYBULL Posts: 96 Forumite
    My brother in law works in the jobcentre. and your case sounds like what he has to do every week. They MUST stop or try to stop 2 people a week from claiming jsa. Most jsa advisors have targets to hit which are all about stopping peoples money!!!!
  • soundlab_2
    soundlab_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 March 2012 at 5:17PM
    Does it not tell you on your job seekers agreement the minimum you are meant to do? (Cant find mine to check but im sure it does) If you do or do more than what is agreed in your agreement then surely they cant stop you're money, can they? as it is what the job centre and you agreed on, and if they have changed it then they surely shouldve done another upto date agreement for you to sign with the new minimum you're expected to do

(and slightly off topic, i know how you feel, my personal adviser has taken a real disliking to me, shes lucky i never slapped her after our last meeting, i dont go there to be talked to like she talked to me, if i wanted to be talked down to like that or like something she has stood in then i would go and talk to my brother haha)
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    RILEYBULL wrote: »
    My brother in law works in the jobcentre. and your case sounds like what he has to do every week. They MUST stop or try to stop 2 people a week from claiming jsa. Most jsa advisors have targets to hit which are all about stopping peoples money!!!!

I've never heard such a load of rubbish in all my life and if that's what your brother is telling you then he should be going to the papers about it. And his MP, but i just dont believe it for a minute.

Sheer bunkum...............

They dont get paid to look out for people to stop their money.

Its their job to get people to do what they are supposedto do to help them find a job. It's only then if the clients dont follow the rules that they get their money stopped.
    Money doesnt get stopped for nothing.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • RILEYBULL
    RILEYBULL Posts: 96 Forumite
    McKneff wrote: »
    I've never heard such a load of rubbish in all my life and if that's what your brother is telling you then he should be going to the papers about it. And his MP, but i just dont believe it for a minute.

Its their job to get people to do what they are supposedto do to help them find a job. It's only then if the clients dont follow the rules that they get their money stopped.

You have no IDEA!!!! they are told to look at ANYWAY possible to stop there jsa claim...:j
  • McKneff wrote: »

actually ive heard the same too and they do try to trick people

last time me and my OH were on JSA when it was coming up to christmas, they told him he didnt have to sign on until after the new year, i thought this was a bit fishy so i double checked and a good job i did because he did have to sign on, that would have been our money stopped had i not been there to check or had he been claiming himself!
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Praps your OH misheard or someone made a simple mistake.

Believe me for reasons I dont want to go into what Rileybull says is half of his user name - bull.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • McKneff wrote: »
    Praps your OH misheard or someone made a simple mistake.

Believe me for reasons I dont want to go into what Rileybull says is half of his user name - bull.

no my OH did not mis hear and the guy did it on purpose
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,948 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    both of my kids work as advisors for JC+. Ive spokent to both of them today, and neither of them are given tarhets as to the number of prople they should get off JSA.
    their job is to assiste people in finding work, and not to try to 'trick' people into losing benefit that they are entitled to.

I'd suggest that your brother in law has more than a bit of 'billy liar' in his personality.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure