Alton Towers or Drayton Manor??

Hi all

Would appreciate some opinions please.

We have booked a Travellodge in Tamworth, the £9 a night offer which I read on here - Thank You!, me, OH and 2 boys 7 and 14. We want to go to a theme park and the Snow Dome.

I have looked at the prices for Alton Towers and Drayton Manor and Alton Towers prices a 14 yr old as an adult so works out expensive, I have got a bogof voucher so would make it £96, Drayton Manor coming up at £69 booking online, £27 less and they have a zoo.

I have tried lastminute.com etc, all sold out.

So, apart from the difference in price, which is the better option? Is Alton Towers a lot better than Drayton Manor? I would rather pay £96 to have a great day out than £69 to have an average day out.

Thanks
If you're going to stalk me, while you're at it can you cut the grass, feed the dog & make sure I've got bread & milk in :D

Comments

• SPANIEL36
    SPANIEL36 Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    i'd go drayton manor but i think alton towers had more rides....lots of big long queue's
  • Zoetoes
    Zoetoes Posts: 2,496 Forumite
    Have just found the active link for raring2go, the first one I tried didn't work so I thought I'd missed the offer.

Now, I just need to know which is the better park??!!

Thanks
    If you're going to stalk me, while you're at it can you cut the grass, feed the dog & make sure I've got bread & milk in :D
  • Zoetoes
    SPANIEL36 wrote: »
    i'd go drayton manor but i think alton towers had more rides....lots of big long queue's

We're going in term time so hopefully it won't be too hectic.
  • davetrousers
    davetrousers Posts: 5,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Spend £10 in Tesco and get a 2 for 1 voucher that can be used at Alton Towers. You will then have 2 which should make it a similar price to Drayton manor.

Alton Towers is bigger and better.

• Zoetoes
    Spend £10 in Tesco and get a 2 for 1 voucher that can be used at Alton Towers. You will then have 2 which should make it a similar price to Drayton manor.

Alton Towers is bigger and better.

Thanks, I've found the voucher for £16 Adults and £11 kids, we'll take 2 vouchers as our 14 yr old is classed as an adult - £59.

I thought Alton Towers would be bigger and better but I haven't been to Drayton Manor since I was a kid so thought it might be as good as Alton Towers now.

Might visit Cadbury World too now we've saved a few quid!
  • arthur_dent_2
    arthur_dent_2 Posts: 1,913 Forumite
    I prefer Drayton Manor, it is smaller but the queues are much less. Also if you have any of the Kellogs zoo day out things, they are valid for Drayton Manor.
    Loving the dtd thread. x
  • notakid
    notakid Posts: 10,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Drayton Manor have some great rides. Its not as polished as AT but its still good fun. And the Zoo is interesting too. I'd go there if you have a room for the night in Tamworth. Enjoy your trip.
    But if ever I stray from the path I follow
    Take me down to the English Channel
    Throw me in where the water is shallow And then drag me on back to shore!
    'Cos love is free and life is cheap As long as I've got me a place to sleep
    Clothes on my back and some food to eat I can't ask for anything more
  • martinbuckley
    martinbuckley Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Alton towers will appeal more to your eldest, and Drayton Manor will be better for your youngest.

Both are very good though, but be prepared to queue (or pay extra for Fast Track) at AT!
  • LittleTinker
    LittleTinker Posts: 2,841 Forumite
    Id go to Drayton Manor too.

Im not a big fan of AT......I dont like the Yobs that wander around on warm days with no shirts on and drinking.

Awful awful! One of my pet hates :)
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    prefer drayton manor,not so many queues. have you priced a family/ group ticket?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure