Mbna ppi rejection

Comments

• brum1968
    brum1968 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Hiya sutie like i said before ive had 100 per cent success rate on ppi dating back to mid nineties to roughly mid noughties with other banks and building soceities, and only mbna are rejecting it. I sense from reading other posts and forums they are one of the most awkward companies to deal with.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I too have had a rejection letter with all of the above but they have stated that I purchased ppi 6 days later during a telephone call

That was one of the most common ways PPI was sold on credit cards.
    can I insist they send a transcript copy to back this up.

No.
    shall I go to the ombudsman or go back to mbna.

Have you made a complaint to MBNA yet and what was their response?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • sutie
    sutie Posts: 4 Newbie
    I have only had the rejection letter this morning in the post
  • dunstonh
    sutie wrote: »
    I have only had the rejection letter this morning in the post

Ok. So look a the reason they rejected it and do you have any evidence or information that can counter it?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • sutie
    they have stated their finding as under the rules as FCA handbook resolution 2.8.2 and they have concluded that the complaint ought reasonably to have been brought within these time limits. Also that as I had received statements for at least 2 years with ppi charges on the account.
    I dont have any evidence other than a statement and a letter after the account was closed and settled
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Was the focus of your complaint "I didn't not know I had PPI" / "It was added without my knowledge" or did you have any complaint reasons that PPI was unsuitable for you in some way.
  • sutie
    I didnt realise I had ppi my main focus around this time was taking care of my family keeping a roof over their heads and also coping with one of my children who around this time had a life threatening illness .
  • brum1968
    Hiya your rejection letter is the same as mine quoting 2.8.2, like i said before i have had successful claims without too much hassle from old loans and cards with santander and halifax bank of scotland. Mbna just appear to be more difficult, i havd sent my complaint to the omburdman yesterday, let them sort it out. I never had any ppi explained to me, and good cover from my employment, plus savings too.
  • brum1968
    Just had phone call from omburdsman re my mbna rejection, they say they have to see if Mbna will pass over case file, because of the timing sitituation. Im still confused as to how Mbna might get away with ppi rejection when other banks i have dealt with have been upholding on old products.
  • dunstonh
    brum1968 wrote: »
    Just had phone call from omburdsman re my mbna rejection, they say they have to see if Mbna will pass over case file, because of the timing sitituation. Im still confused as to how Mbna might get away with ppi rejection when other banks i have dealt with have been upholding on old products.

What other banks do has nothing to do with MBNA. Some lenders have very low uphold rates. Others have extremely high. They all sold their products in different ways and the policy coverage varies too.

The FOS will look at the timebar to see if it is a valid bar or not and it will ask MBNA if they will voluntarily waive the timebar (if it is valid).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure