Only cruises - cruise deals for all

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    edited 10 November 2010 at 11:10AM
    http://cruiseandmaritime.com/choose-a-cruise/View-Cruise-Details.aspx?CruiseId=122

Another C&M deal 35nights on the marco polo for £1500 round trip ex UK caribbean 6 Dec - 10th Jan

On TXT 232 Thomas Cook say they ghve this for £1399
  • zolablue25
    zolablue25 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Total £410.33pp booking direct with X and EJ.
    Who are X and EJ?

Also, we would like to go on a cruise in 2011. Any time from may to end august. Must depart from UK and must visit Rome (might get away with Naples!). Problem is it is for me DW and DD (7) so we would need a 3 berth cabin. Am I best booking now or chancing my arm to get a late deal nearer the time?

Ta.
  • getmore4less
    zolablue25 wrote: »
    Who are X and EJ?

X is shorthand for Celebrity cruises, see their ships.
    EJ easyjet.

Also, we would like to go on a cruise in 2011. Any time from may to end august. Must depart from UK and must visit Rome (might get away with Naples!). Problem is it is for me DW and DD (7) so we would need a 3 berth cabin. Am I best booking now or chancing my arm to get a late deal nearer the time?

Ta.

Do you have blackout dates or is taking DD out of school DD.

Ex UK with Rome will limit your choice so monitoring prices will be relatively easy.

3 berth might be a problem peak dates but not others
  • zolablue25
    Do you have blackout dates or is taking DD out of school DD.

Ex UK with Rome will limit your choice so monitoring prices will be relatively easy.

3 berth might be a problem peak dates but not others

Thanks for the clarification re X & EJ.
    Happy to take DD out of school at the moment. I figure the weather in the Med will be acceptable from May onwards hence my starting date of May. Wouldn't want to take DD out of school after August as she will be starting a new school year and I think that its important for her to be there for that. She is studying the Romans this year hence her desire to go to Rome. Personally I reckon Naples (Pompeii) would be better, but you can't tell a 7 year old!
  • getmore4less
    Many cruises do Rome and Naples.

Research both.

Rome, the port Civitivecchia is a long way from the City.

Naples there is Pompeii and Herculanium to chose from.

Weather might be TOO HOT July August, the main Roman sites are very exposed(ruins) so you may be better considering any time from Jan onwards.
  • zolablue25
    Thanks again for your input GM4L. Fair point about possibly being too hot in July and August, but I don't think (from prior experience) that the MEd is warm enough before April (DD loves to swim so its got to be warm enough for that too!). April is out as her school has specifically asked for her year to be at school for some assessments. So maybe just May and June then.

Given my requirements do you still reckon I should be OK to leave it a while and look for a 'bargain'? I will definitely try and work on her regarding the Rome thing as I didn't realise it was so far from the port.
  • getmore4less
    New HOT pricing on a Xmas NY trip
    (This is the lowest Xmas NY pricing for some time.)

RCI Independance ex Southampton 21st Dec

18 nights to the med

£1069 inside GTY

So far Iglu and cruise1st have shown low pricing others may follow

Looks like there may be some 4 berths as well.

The same itinerary Jan trips have a low getting close to £800 now so if you don't need the holiday dates you can save £300 and not be overun with kids.
  • getmore4less
    zolablue25 wrote: »
    Thanks again for your input GM4L. Fair point about possibly being too hot in July and August, but I don't think (from prior experience) that the MEd is warm enough before April (DD loves to swim so its got to be warm enough for that too!). April is out as her school has specifically asked for her year to be at school for some assessments. So maybe just May and June then.

Given my requirements do you still reckon I should be OK to leave it a while and look for a 'bargain'? I will definitely try and work on her regarding the Rome thing as I didn't realise it was so far from the port.

Pick a ship with heated or indoor pools.

What about this new xmas deal?
  • zolablue25
    Looks like a good deal GM4L, but we wouldn't want to be away for Xmas. We're a bit traditional for that sort of thing.

Good point regarding indoor pools but also, my wife has said that she would like to walk about on deck in the evening without feeling cold (I know, not really helping am I!).

I appreciate you taking the time to help even if it appears that I am only bringing problems!

I nearly booked us on the Queen Vic over the weekend. Cunard were having a sale and there was, what I thought to be, a good deal. Showed my wife the ship and she cooed all over it but my daughter said 'I think that's too posh'. She was probably right, I don't suppose they are particularly great for families with young kids, so I left it.
  • getmore4less
    Most should know about the RCI free flight program well this has now extended to the other brands.

The best I have found for us so booked is

Azamar Journey 3April 2011 1 night miami 13n cruise to Rome with transfers and flights LHR.

This was from around £720 but they have all gone(these deals go quick)

Should be something under £800 and there are great aft balconies at under £1200

Azamara is small and looks a bit special(only just started the research) but not for everyone, no fancy shows or rock climbing walls here.

Price includes tips and all soft drink/coffees etc and some alcoholic drinks and they seem to have a relaxed approach to bringing your own and on board speciality restaurants are only $10.

Not for everyone but at this price worth a punt while we do more research.
    A cheap TA with flight can be had for around £500-£600 when prices drop so this is good for this class of ship this early

There are other more interetsing trips with ports that might be of more interest to others at good prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure