Why does Facebook do this?

Options
I try to trawl through FB as often as possible to find posts about comps, which is sometimes hard as I work full time. Today, I didn't get a chance at all, the last time I checked FB was on my laptop at 7am, I get home tonight and log in again and it only shows me 1 hour of feeds then goes back to all the stuff posted from 6.30pm & earlier yesterday.

I know I'll probably see the comps posted on here (thanks to everyone who takes the time btw) but I'm not impressed that I've lost around 7 hours of fb stuff - why does it disappear and how can I make it show me every feed that is posted - or is that not possible? It's never happened to me before, I feel like I've missed out on 7 hours of info, comps & gossip!

Comments

• LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    On the left hand side, there should be a little arrow next to "news feed" click that and then select 'most recent.'

FB keeps reverting to 'top stories' and it's annoying!
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • dizzyc
    dizzyc Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    LadyMorticia thanks for the advice but I already do that every time I log in.

I appreciate you taking the time to post though, thanks :)
  • Emuchops
    Emuchops Posts: 799 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks LM-I never knew that!
  • Enigmatic_Me
    Enigmatic_Me Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Unfortunately Facebook timeline works how "facebook" thinks we want to view it and not how we would like to view it.

I have lots of companies I have"liked" on facebook, not just for comps but due to personal interests and for many of these companies/pages, they just do not appear on my timeline. I did read if you interact with them ie write on their walls now and again they should show future posts on your newsfeed, however that doesn't seem to work neither.

The worse thing for me just now with FB (and for many others) is this awful change in that your newsfeed is now flooded with your friends likes and comments on their friends (not friends with you) posts. 90% of my newsfeed is absolutely full of this c**p and no amount of reports, from me and thousands of others who are all complaining about this seems to be changing anything.

Sadly Facebook has changed for the worse as it seems to be that you can no longer control what you want to see.
    The best things in life are free.....
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,178 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That is driving me mad too Enigmatic Me.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure