The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

When do I get P60U?

Sorry to trouble you but I am eager to get my P60U, I have a young family and the HMRC informs me that I am due £2400 in a Tax Rebate, but I am unable to claim this until I get my P60U. Can I get this from the Job Centre or do I wait to receive it in the post? Anyone know when I should recieve this?

Thanks for any help.
Totally without prejudice! All views are those of the individual and at no time should be constituted as advice.

Comments

• shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My hubby got his P60 today in with his payslip.

HTH
  • But I am given varying advice that P60U's from the Job Centre of HMRC come out in April but some people say the end of May?
    Totally without prejudice! All views are those of the individual and at no time should be constituted as advice.
  • Your employer has until the 19th May to issue a P60. Some will issue them Asap after the 05th April and others will leave it until the very last minute.
  • I understand that the P60U will come from either the Job Centre or the HMRC, has anyone received one yet or wheen do they expect to recieve one?

Thanks again.
  • Tarasam
    Tarasam Posts: 508 Forumite
    It'll come directly from the job centre but unsure as to when.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I understand that the P60U will come from either the Job Centre or the HMRC, has anyone received one yet or wheen do they expect to recieve one?

Thanks again.

Well, do you have an employer? If you are not employed then it comes from Job centre.
  • Any
    Forumite
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/ntcmanual/eligibility_estincome/ntc0310020.htm

By 31 May following the end of a tax year an employer must, by law, supply an employee from whom he has deducted tax or National Insurance contribution s with a P60 'End of Year Certificate'. This will either show details of all pay and tax for the year or, in certain circumstances, only the pay and tax for the 5 April employment.
    If an employee works for more than one employer, then they should have received a P60 from each employer by 31 May, and they will need to add together the figures from each P60 to arrive at their total taxable pay for the year.
    If a claimant is unemployed and claiming Income Support (IS), Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) at 5 April he should receive a P60U showing both taxable benefit and his previous earnings.
  • Any, I am on JSa, or I was until I signed off today!

So no I don't have an employer, but when do the Job Centre send out the forms? Or does anyone think I have a realistic chance of getting the money this Fri, as I am far from confident!!
  • Any
    Forumite
    Any, I am on JSa, or I was until I signed off today!

So no I don't have an employer, but when do the Job Centre send out the forms? Or does anyone think I have a realistic chance of getting the money this Fri, as I am far from confident!!

You don't stand a chance to get the money so fast.
    First you have to get the P60U and that can be any time before the end of next month (at least for employers, but I cannot see different rules for JSa) and then you show it to HMRC and god knows how many people is waiting for refund so it will take while for processing...

I cannot say how long it will take (never been in such a situation), but I cannot see it happening within days...More like weeks.

Anyone has been in such a situation before?
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    I am on IB and received my P60U at the beginning of May last year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills