Sky, Virgin & BT TV Haggle down prices and get serious discounts Article Discussion

Comments

• bobstheboy wrote: »
    Well, having spoke to them in the past week, I should be surprised that their Asian Call Centre is manned by Scots :rotfl:

The call centers are mostly in Scotland so the can tie you to a verbal contract :)
  • I was cold-called by Sky and, as the article states, promised a £50.00 M&S voucher if I rejoined Sky. I did so a few months ago and have been patiently waiting for my voucher for months, but not received it.

I have called Sky a few times about the voucher. Sky's own staff member has admitted that Sky are extremely unreliable at sending out the vouchers and that they have had a flood of people chasing up for them.

I have been promised I will receive the vouchers a few times by their staff, but after several months of waiting have now given up. It's just not worth the hassle of calling again and again, being passed from useless person to person, and being told empty promises which are never fufilled.
  • After reading about haggeling i phoned up sky and said i was looking around at offers and that bt was £20 cheaper a month i was immediatley offered my tv package half price for the next 6months so thanks for the tip
    Pam:j
  • bbfb10 wrote: »
    Last night I phoned up to "leave" sky as we are moving house. We have been out of contract for some time, but never tried to get a deal before. Spoke to a very helpful lady in retentions who let me upgrade my package (basic + sports) to everything and then gave me a 50% discount on the whole lot for 6 months. Ive gone from paying £40 p/m to £24p/m and now I get the movies! Happy days.

Be careful because in six months time you'll be paying £48 instead of £40.
  • chudies
    chudies Posts: 262
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    No if you try to uncancel they tell you they don't want your money and they will ban you and 12 generations of your children from ever having sky again.

Nah just kidding they will uncancel your subscription in a second if you ask.

12 generations???? :eek:cor blimey they are a vindictive bunch arent they!

cheers
    :grouphug: Lets hug!! :grouphug:
  • NicolaC
    NicolaC Posts: 268 Forumite
    Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Moneysavers!!

I just rang sky customer services and told them I want to reduce my package and she offered me the same package with £10 off.

Said I'd think about it and get back to them after speaking with hubby.

Called back and went to cancellations. All prepared to actually cancel if i had to. Told him to cancel my TV package, straight away offered a "loyalty" offer of 6months at half price. Not tied into a contract either.

Excellent!!!
    Sky must be loosing money left right and centre today!
    Most things in life are beyond our control,
    for everything else there is a spreadsheet
    ;)
    :D son#1 born 04/01/09 :D
    :D son#2 born 20/08/11 :D
  • Hi Just wanted to say thank you for your informative newsletters.

I decided to ring Sky as we have been customers since the year dot, have always paid full whack at the moment £52.00 + HD fee£10.00

Spoke to Cust Svcs who transferred me to Cancellations - spoke to really nice scots gentleman - who said he could not reduct the HD amount but our subs he could do for 6months at half price.

so now paying only £36.00 for the next 6months

Thank you Martin for a super and informative site.:T
  • Larry22
    Larry22 Posts: 75
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Had Sky HD installed last Feb: Free installation, Free HD Sports & Movies 1/2 price for 12 months. Phoned today to give 1 months notice (as per contract) to cancel, a very nice scottish guy then offered to extend deal for a further 6 mths with no contract, £28.50 mth for full HD package!!
  • tom129
    tom129 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Larry22 wrote: »
    Had Sky HD installed last Feb: Free installation, Free HD Sports & Movies 1/2 price for 12 months. Phoned today to give 1 months notice (as per contract) to cancel, a very nice scottish guy then offered to extend deal for a further 6 mths with no contract, £28.50 mth for full HD package!!

Wow that is a good deal, it seems sky are giving a lot of deals out at the moment, maybe they have realised there service is to expensive for the average joe
  • Rang Sky last night (use option 4 when you get through) and explained to the lady that I was having 'financial difficulties' and as I've been a customer for some 16 years, and have always paid for the 'full' package, whether she could 'do me a deal?' She immediately said she could and offered me the 50% off the tv subscription for 6 months which was really great. I then rang my daughter (who was in bed at the time) and told her about it. She immediately got up and rang Sky and she too got the 50% off deal. So instead of paying about £70.00 each for our packages, my daughter and I will be paying about £43.00 for the next 6 months. Happy Days (for at least 6 months anyway!).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure